• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$11 Bastard Leaf Pack Writeup. *Tons of pics*

Re: $11 Leaf Pack Writeup. *Tons of pics*

can't beat free. i hope they serve you well! If you have to use a bigger center pin, just drill out the stock xj one and take your time! start small and use as many drill bits as you need and keep it oiled. Sounds like it should work well for you. good luck!

Re: $11 Leaf Pack Writeup. *Tons of pics*

I just did mine a couple of weeks ago. I use the XJ main leaf, my RE AAL , the 2nd and 3rd leaf out of an MJ and the short XJ bottom leaf. Seemed to get me about 4". I had the thicker overload type spring in for a day, but it rode too stiff, so I took it out.
FYI, I work at an RV dealership in the parts store and I got my u bolts there. I think we sell them for 2 or 3 bucks each.

I just finished doing mine. I added a TNT Customs 1.5" lift shackle at the same time, and I am sitting at around 7.5" of lift. My springs were from a 94 S-10 2wd Blazer. They seem a little stiff just now, but I have not had a chance to bleed the brakes and do a road test yet.

rearofthebeatle.jpg

I want to do this, but I thought I read somewhere else that someone just got a set of springs for a 2001 s10 zr2 and bolted them straight up for 6.5" of lift? will this work or do I need to swap the rest of the pack onto my xj main leaf? I will be using a 1.5 lift shackle as well, and really just need the spring to give me at least 3 inchs or more of lift to clear my tires better, then i will buy new front coils to match whatever I end up with.

camarors8992 said:
I want to do something about my jeep. It's really really bad. It has 211k on the clock and I'd like to see a difference of about 3" which would put it at slightly higher than the height of a Grand cherokee. Is there any other modifications other than modifying the leaf pack that I Would have to take to accomplish this lift ? Here is a picture of how my jeep sits now.

100_1399.jpg

what kind of car is that in the back ground?

OH NO WHAT HAPPEN TO THE PICS??!?!?!?!

Hey all love the forum, im a member from jeepunlimited forum, and just looking through what you guys got here. Not to much difference, lots of knowledge and experience. Makes me feel right at home.

Ok, well I'm finally shopping around for S-10/blazer springs, does anyone know the flexablility difference between them? Should I get the 3 spring or 4 spring pack?

I have pulled up this thread several different times, and it seems that sometimes they work, and sometimes not. Sometimes refreshing works too. Maybe a software prob with NAXJA

Here are some pics of a S10 bastard pack. I used the bottom 2 plus the overload on the rear and RE3.5 coils on the front. It sits level and I got the desired lift I wanted and I run 31x10.5. Could easily clear 32's and possibly 33's with trimming but I don't have the money to gear it. If you have any questions post up.

BastardPackFlex3.jpg

BastardPackFlex2.jpg

BastardPackFlex1.jpg

Ok, so I am trying to do a Bastard lift with XJ leafs, i took apart 2 leaft packs, which springs should i use, and where can i get a clip to hold the leafs together in the pack? The same type of clip or whatever that i cut off to get the leafs apart.

I used the XJ main leaf, the main leaf and next leaf of the S10 pack, and the small, bottom XJ leaf (no overload). I was able to reuse the S10 clamps by slotting the holes a little to open them up. Here it is with a 6 degree shim in the rear. Got me 4 inches exactly.

xjliftnew003va1.jpg

xjliftnew002tt0.jpg

They are pretty stiff, I wouldn't choose it for a wheeling rig, but works great getting the groceries. :D

Back