• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$11 Bastard Leaf Pack Writeup. *Tons of pics*

Dude Right on this works. I just did it last weekend and netted about 4.5 so it will proably settle a little bit lower. Ride is a little stiff butt alot better than using the blocks i had for a 3.5 lift. i painted the leafs so they look like new leafs. Thanks for doing this right up it convenced me to do it. It works magic

jeepsurfgirls said:
Dude Right on this works. I just did it last weekend and netted about 4.5 so it will proably settle a little bit lower. Ride is a little stiff butt alot better than using the blocks i had for a 3.5 lift. i painted the leafs so they look like new leafs. Thanks for doing this right up it convenced me to do it. It works magic
:wave: No problem.

not including shocks I spent about a $120 and it was only that much because the junk yards around here suck. That includes 4 U bolts 2 center pins two 2" pucks for the front, v8 front coils, dakota rear springs.
It was about a 3 hour job with air tools for me, by myself. Well worth it if you ask me. I wish I had a full spring in the front rather than the spacers and the v8 coils but on a budget you cant beat it.

Cost me $11 for the leafs, $25 for U bolts, and $4 for center pins. I started at 12am and went till 4am with my buddy. He didn't do much other than take pics and drink shitty beer.

I didn't trim off the extra length of my top added leaf. Anyone see aproblem with this?

spring.jpg

I been looking for this write up, thanks! I also have wondered what a ZR-2 S10 pack would do,they are factory 3" lifted S-10's, Has anyone on here tried them? I knew this could be done but I wasn't sure what year S10 the springs came from. :read:

I just printed this and plan to do it this weekend ... I was going to use XJ main then RE add a leaf then some S-10 leafs .. hope to get 5.5-6" s

I think 2wd have more arch than 4wd packs ..but I'm not 100 %

jwtrapper said:
Any one know where to get some teflon pads? I am going taller soon and I am going to build another leaf pack and want some teflon pads but cant seem to find them. Also has anyone used the graphite paint on their springs?

I used both...

The teflon pads were courtesy of LBEXJ, I don't know where he got them from but they were trick!

I bought a gallon of "slip plate" from McMaster Carr...

Someone mentioned being able to find it at farm and fleet...

HUGE difference in flex. think of sliding two rusty metal plates with 1500 pounds pushing on them.

Those of you that did this lift, did you go with new front brake lines as well? I'm going with the YJ brake line for the rear. Also are there any sources like Kragen, NAPA, Car Quest, or dealer for the center pins, u bolts, and spring pads? Thanks.

tgoff said:
Those of you that did this lift, did you go with new front brake lines as well? I'm going with the YJ brake line for the rear. Also are there any sources like Kragen, NAPA, Car Quest, or dealer for the center pins, u bolts, and spring pads? Thanks.

Any old school autoparts store should have the center pins...and ubolts...

I used the stock brake lines in the front and just straightend the hard line a bit.

When I did the AAL on my MJ we just used a suitably sized hex head bolt for the centering pin, grade 8. Mine was 3/8, and XJ's should be 5/16. Just drind the head a bit so it's round and fits the spring perch nicely.
A cap head allen screw will also work nicely, but gr8 hex heads are avaialble just about anywhere.

tgoff said:

I know NAPA carries them.

JAS said:
Any old school autoparts store should have the center pins...and ubolts...

or do like I do- use allen-head bolts from Lowe's-- grade 8, and work perfectly as center pins. Cost about $0.80 a piece, too...

Finished my bastard pack lift. I went with the XJ main, 2nd S10, 3rd S10. This gave me around 3in. For the front I used some new RE 3in coils. I am just breaking the whole thing in right now a little rougher ride but I like it better the the soft factory ride. The pack has decent flex from my preliminary test in my front yard. I will try to keep the results up but so far so good.

Back