• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rausch Creek Trail Cutting March 28th...

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Hi Folks,
Its time to try this again!! Hopefully the snow at RC will be more manageable by this date. This trail cutting will take place on the new property RC recently aquired. From my discussions with RC management, this will most likely be a "trail-widening- trail cleanup" type of day, since there are some ATV-type trails that already exist on this property.

Plans are to be at the park by 8:00am, get organized and be heading to our destination by 9:00am. Tools to bring along include hand saws, large/small pruners, chain saws, work gloves, safety glasses... basically any tree-trimming type of tool you may have could be helpful. We probably won't need as many chain saws as we had when we cut Cemetary Trail at RC, but if you have one, and can easily pack it in, along with your gas/lube, go ahead and bring it.

Typically trail cutting days at RC are 1/2 day cutting, and 1/2 day wheeling, so we'll be able to test out the trails we open up too and make improvements as needed.

So who is in??

Thanks,
A.

in, unless something breaks. Knowing me, I'll probably be too lazy to remove the chainsaw and equipment from the toolbox in the MJ (put it in there two weeks before this last trip) so I'll have my stuff there.

I'm in!!

Gotta try to find someone to cover that day of work for me but i should be able to make it

I marked it down on my calender im in

I may be heading out there that weekend. we shall see if the jeep is all ready to go.

I'm down

headbanger.gif

count me in. will be in the JK again. a so called friend messed up the xj so im behind scedual on repairs. might have some friends from work come mostly linemen and former tree tr trimmers. Ill be on green trails more than likely

i'll be up there that weekend with my local club. i'm down to help on sunday. i would be nice to finally meet some naxja guys!

oh and my wife will be there with her lj if thats ok.

op do you mind if i cross post this in my local clubs trail ride section? might get a few more helpers on sunday.

Lets try this again...

I wish I were off on Sundays then I would love to come out and help.... Would have to walk or hitch a ride after parking up top though.... my stock XJ won't make it out of its own way, much less through any trails.... I hope that you guys get lots of help though, and if I can manage to get that day off, I will def try and make it out...

I can definitely make it.....will be headed up Saturday and I'm planning on a cabin at TwinGrove.....anyone looking to come up early let me know at [email protected] . I could split a cabin, and hell, Im bringin plenty of firewood, beer, and steaks to grill. :)
Rich

I can definitely make it.....will be headed up Saturday and I'm planning on a cabin at TwinGrove.....anyone looking to come up early let me know at [email protected] . I could split a cabin, and hell, Im bringin plenty of firewood, beer, and steaks to grill. :)
Rich

hey Rich how big is your sleeping bag???

hah dont think I'm camping but Ill be up again pretty sure!

I'm out. Long story short...have to attend a meeting at the zone that sunday night!! Would like to blow it off but I owe them a solid for hooking me up with extra hours during my recent layoff..so time to payback..haha..Have a blast guys!!

Back