• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lefthand Canyon Clean Up!

RangerRick

NAXJA Forum User
Help is always welcome. Saturday, May 9th, 9am till 12 noon. Sign in at the dumpster at the entrance. Bring a lunch or have a hot dog provided by the NCTR (Northern Colorado Trail Riders). Help pick up trash, vehicle parts, targets left by shooters , and any other junk. The Forest Service will be there, so lets show them we care about our trails. We could play on the trails after.

Check trr4wd.org web sight, calender, May 9th for more info.

Come on, give us a hand. Even if it's just for a free Hot Dog.
The Boulder County Commissioners over rode all of what the BRD advised to keep open when Jamestown insisted road traffic harmed James Creek Canyon and Galispy Gulch environment and there drinking water. BRD showed studies that disproved that.
BRD allowed the opening of 2 new trails in Lefthand Canyon Rec. Area. Hopefully the BCC.s will allow the installation of winch points on the Rock Challenge Trail. (I don't know how getting the OK comes about.)
Carnage had become little more than a dirt road, over the past 10 years, having been filled in with sediment washed down from Fireman's Hill and other higher areas.
The BRD was in on the $28,000 grant to stabilize the trail system and keep the area open.
PS: I too think the shooters suck for leaving such a mess.

Come on, give us a hand. Even if it's just for a free Hot Dog.
The Boulder County Commissioners over rode all of what the BRD advised to keep open when Jamestown insisted road traffic harmed James Creek Canyon and Galispy Gulch environment and there drinking water. BRD showed studies that disproved that.
BRD allowed the opening of 2 new trails in Lefthand Canyon Rec. Area. Hopefully the BCC.s will allow the installation of winch points on the Rock Challenge Trail. (I don't know how getting the OK comes about.)
Carnage had become little more than a dirt road, over the past 10 years, having been filled in with sediment washed down from Fireman's Hill and other higher areas.
The BRD was in on the $28,000 grant to stabilize the trail system and keep the area open.
PS: I too think the shooters suck for leaving such a mess.

unfortunately my son's birthday is that day otherwise i'd help in cleaning anywhere OTHER than the shooting area.

What i find funnay is they decide to build a challenge route at the very top of fireman's hill. I mean, won't the sediment still have to travel down hill in wet/eroding conditions? Does not make sense.

Now we'll have issues of people not anchored and rolling all the way down the mtn. with possible serious injury and or death resulting in complete closure of the area.

a set up IMO.

I SHOULD be able to make it out there, I'm not exactly sure how things will work out with a graduation party up there friday night, but I've been wanting to get up there for a while. Pat blue stock height '01, I'd like to run up left hand, I have a rear locker and rocker protection, so I don't think it'll be much trouble.
-Nate

wow. what a bitch.

something else came up and i dont think im going to make it now guys. sorry!

I'm a bitch or the situation? If you'd like i can do a little research and show you over 100 pages of field testing from a geotech. Which proves that "100's of tons of sediment" are NOT released into left hand creek from Carnage trail.

How can 100's of tons of sediment erode from a 5" wide creek that only flows maybe 2 months out of the year?

It was ALL due to the trash the shooters leave up there (IMO). Why should we clean up after them?

If anything, they should be chased out of there to never return. One good way is to "drag them out with handcuffs".

Don't get me wrong. I'm a shooter myself. I hunt. I sportshoot. I target practice. Irresponsible shooting is the black eye to the shooters. Just like the guys who rip their rig around on wet tundra :shhh:

Fawk them shooters. they should be drug out of there in hadncuffs.
:pissed:

that is what i wanted you to explain. i thought it might have been some "people with guns are evil and should be removed from the world" referance.

I don't have to explain shit kid.

^^^ this is why i called you a bitch.

I'm a bitch or the situation?

read above

If you'd like i can do a little research and show you over 100 pages of field testing from a geotech. Which proves that "100's of tons of sediment" are NOT released into left hand creek from Carnage trail.

How can 100's of tons of sediment erode from a 5" wide creek that only flows maybe 2 months out of the year?

idk what this has to do with cleaning up trash on the trail but sure. pm me a link? i dont want to hijack the thread anymore after this post.

It was ALL due to the trash the shooters leave up there (IMO). Why should we clean up after them?

you said that your a shooter, is it fair that due to some idiots that cant clean up after themselves that us responsible shooters have shooting areas closed and our opportunities to shot become less and less? no its not fair. but if your the responsible shooter you claim to be, why cant you take some time to clean up? yeah the concept of cleaning someone elses mess sucks but if it means keeping a trail open and what little area is left for shooting... isnt it worth it?

If anything, they should be chased out of there to never return. One good way is to "drag them out with handcuffs".

i dont disagree with that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a shooter myself. I hunt. I sportshoot. I target practice. Irresponsible shooting is the black eye to the shooters. Just like the guys who rip their rig around on wet tundra

very true. im 100% with ya on that.

im thinkin you and i just misread eachothers posts at first. and i really dont want to start bashin on eachother - there has been enough of that around here lately.

:cheers:

:lmao: you've got some big balls.

if you're such a shooter, why would you go to lefthand to shoot? i mean you have a big and bad jeep. Why not go somewhere else?

Fyi, you misread me. PM me if you like.

I'll be there around 9. 91 white 2dr 5 1/2 lift.

Back