• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas Prices

IntrepidXJ said:
i really hope it stays that way. i'm already saving up for fuel for fall fling 2008, since it will probably be $5/gal :confused1

Fall Fling 2008.........25th Anniversary Celebration. :)

We had 175 XJ/MJ's in Moab for the 20th, how many can we get there for the 25th? :D

Goatman said:
Fall Fling 2008.........25th Anniversary Celebration. :)

We had 175 XJ/MJ's in Moab for the 20th, how many can we get there for the 25th? :D

Ill definitly be one of the many. Count me in!

BTW 87 here(Seattle, WA) is 2.99+ a gallon. Drove by Chevron, the gas truck was filling up the tanks. Drove back by an hour later, went up 10 cents after the gas truck left the station. WTF?

Just saw a lady on the news from AAA. She said they are expecting prices to be 3.25 national average by July 4. Maybe 4.00 by the end of the year.
Wonder how bicycle sales are right now?

DrMoab said:
Wonder how bicycle sales are right now?

Hasn't kicked in yet. Hopefully soon though :D

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter....I'll be at Moab next week come hell or high water.

Boatwrench said:
In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter....I'll be at Moab next week come hell or high water.

i'm with you on that one Tom!! even if it means my kids have PB&J for the next month... (is that wrong?)

Boatwrench said:

Me too.
Better yet, I got a cash bonus for a job well done and it'll just about pay for all my gas on the trip.

With china going through their industrial revolution now because our American companies are going over there for cheap labor, they ,the people of china, want to buy cars and they are giving up their bikes. Maybe someone could go over there and buy up all the unwanted bikes and bring them to us so we can retrogress. Isn't that a great idea? China will be the number 1 in the world for consuming gasoline and we will be in second place. the only good I see is that this is the process fo breaking down communism??? happy day and we still PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gonnablow

grandpaxj said:
With china going through their industrial revolution now because our American companies are going over there for cheap labor, they ,the people of china, want to buy cars and they are giving up their bikes. Maybe someone could go over there and buy up all the unwanted bikes and bring them to us so we can retrogress. Isn't that a great idea?

Are you nuts?

Have you seen a Chinese domestic bicycle? You are better off walking than using those things.

Back