• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johnson Valley XJ run April 12-13

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The SoCal XJ guys are going to run Johnson Valley on April 12-13. We're going to do two trails on Saturday, one of the easier ones for those who have never been there before, and a harder one for those ready for it. If you've been wanting to run these trails, this would be a fun weekend to do it.

Sean, maybe this would be a good break-in (not down) run for your new equipment. :D

Richard G

So what's on the menu for this time? I'd like to run Sledge, is that the easier trail you're talking about? :lol:
You should post some minimum requirements for the folks who don't know as they are pretty steep for those trails.

Jes

Happy Birthday to me! I'll likely be there Thursday night, run Friday and Saturday, and then run for home on Sunday. Should be a good preview for May's activities.......

Is anyone still up for a JV run in March? Somewhere around the first weekend of that month?

CRASH

i will be down there if i get my axles done!

this is norcalxj

ha ha ha ha!!! Yeah he will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoney

what? like what? tires and steering are included in the axles

I have already advertised the first weekend of march to my Sami driving, one-ear hearing friend Tom. He asked me about it again recently. I need to have a work party as I have a bunch of shiat to do. I am seriously concerned that the rig wont fit back thur the garage door with 38s!

SeanP

Well, we're on for the ring and pinion work next Friday, right?

That will get you significantly further along, but it's those front axle brackets that are a biatch.

Is your glue gun fixed yet?

CRASH

Industrial glue gun is fixed. I just realized that I have a lunch with a client that I have rescheduled twice on Friday the 31st. The earliest I can be up there is around 2:30. Care to work late or early on Saturday?

SeanP

Yeah, just get up here when you can on Friday, and plan on spending the night.

Ken is coming up as well, along with a bottle of Cuervo.

Lace up your panties, it's gonna be a good time.

CRASH's Bar, Grill, and Four Wheel Drive Shop is officially open for business.

CRASH

[quote:e017faf0cc="Jes"]So what's on the menu for this time? I'd like to run Sledge, is that the easier trail you're talking about? :lol:
You should post some minimum requirements for the folks who don't know as they are pretty steep for those trails.

Jes[/quote:e017faf0cc]

We'll run Clawhammer or Aftershock as the easier trail. We could run Sledgehammer as the harder trail, which is easier for those who want to ride or walk along to watch. The trail comes back around to the beginning, and is close to camp.

Minimum equipment should be a rear locker and front locker or good limited slip, low gears, 32" tires, rocker protection, skid plates, and not caring too much about body damage. If you have a D35, don't have tires larger than 33's, and you must carry spare axles and know how to change them. Same goes for 260x u-joints....no tires over 33's and spare axles are a must, and an easy and patient driving style. If you have stock diff gears, don't come. Normally, we don't let anyone with a D35 come on a JV trip, but this trip is for anyone who wants to go and has the minimum equipment.....sort of a get aquainted with JV run for those who have never been there. We'll have a harder run and an easier run, if you can call anything at Johnson Valley easy. :D

Richard G

I'll probably get out there to watch, its a fairly short drive from my house in the Antelope Valley. I wont be running anything more than the dirt roads to get there with my 3" 31's no locker having jeep, so does anyone have a free seat and wouldnt mind trading for lots of photographs of them? :)

Jason

I guarantee you can catch a ride with someone.

CRASH

[quote:99123f9ca1="Goatman"][
Minimum equipment should be a rear locker and front locker or good limited slip, low gears, 32" tires, rocker protection, skid plates, and not caring too much about body damage. If you have a D35, don't have tires larger than 33's, and you must carry spare axles and know how to change them. Same goes for 260x u-joints....no tires over 33's and spare axles are a must, and an easy and patient driving style. If you have stock diff gears, don't come. Normally, we don't let anyone with a D35 come on a JV trip, but this trip is for anyone who wants to go and has the minimum equipment
Richard G[/quote:99123f9ca1]

May I add that if you have stock steering you should bring an extra set. :wink:

Jes

[quote:69d24c8f3b="XJCHUCK72"]Is this trip still on, only asking to work out planning purposes for April. :)[/quote:69d24c8f3b]

Heck yeah it's still on, we don't cancel nuthin'. :D

We're trying to offer two runs, one not so hard, as an intro for those who may not have run these kind of trails before. So, if you've recently built up your rig and want to try JV for the first time, this is the trip. Most of the time we have a smaller group with pretty strict equipment requirements, but we're being more liberal for this trip.

Also, we are in the process of stating a SoCal chapter, and we will be discussing it at this run. It would be nice to be able to have some of you Sierra chapter folks there to give us some pointers.

Richard G

Back