• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just another poopbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

Re: just another shitbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

Your brother's toy Cherokee is cute, I'm sure you let him know whenever you can.

:thumbup: damn right I do.

I got home one night after work and parked behind his jeep...the rear bumper (stock) was hanging from the upper mounts and was ripped on each end leading toward the middle of the jeep...I kindly asked for his keys so i could "move his jeep" I went on to take the chain he had in the back of his jeep and cut it up into pieces.

seems like younger siblings (mine at least) just cant take advise from there elders...have to learn the hard way before actually listening...glad no one got hurt in his little chain - stock bumper endeavor. Ive told him multiple times to get the steel and Id help him make some decent bumpers. but he'd rather spend his money on guns, ammo(not a bad thing) and fast food...

anyways, ordered JD2 notch master today - should be here friday. Harbor freight notcher pissed me off and took a shit after it got thrown out of the garage... finished my a-pillar notches with an angle grinder, and decided it was time to invest in a decent hole saw notcher. have a few other projects lined up that will pay for it...so good investment as i see it.

some shotty A pillar gussets i made

few more tubes in, been super busy at work, havent had much time with the jeep lately.

few more things done this weekend.

and this is the color it ended up. pretty sure im going to do the same on my links and steering. 4 coats of gloss black, and one coat of dark metallic blue.

got some crap in from summit this morning. battery relocation crap, some E fans, fuse blocks, power steering cooler, few other misc things.

decided id build this for the efans.

still have to make mounting points...

just another shitbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

That's a big box store special wheel barrow...

mac 'mines just like it except I just replaced the front tire' gyvr

entering it into the wheel barrow races, cant be missing work if i get hurt. so i did some minor modifications.

my brakes have been "working" for quite awhile now. just not working good, pedal would drop 3/4 throw before anything happened, and the last 1/4 would lock them down. so I decided to tackle that issue last night. had stock booster, master, prop, dual pistons up front, and chevy single pistons in the rear. Jeep would stop, and hold - at least on a 20* pitch not sure it could have handled much more.

did much reading and debating between the E350 master and the dodge 2500 master. after talking to 94xjsport94, I ended up going with the dodge 2500 master cylinder. for me it was a direct bolt on. besides the push rod. 1/4 - 28 bolt. swapped them out last night, bled the system heavily, pedal is a tiny stiff, but nice and will lock down about 1/2 throw. we will see how it does at speed soon enough.

also got the b pillars and harness bar in. hoping to get some triangulation going on that this weekend, and maybe try to get some rear tube work done.

You're keeping the 4 liter right?

just put a mechanical fan back on it. You will regret e-fans.

The Dodge 2500/3500 MC was one of the best mods I've done. $63 and about an hour including taking pictures. My only regret was I didn't do it sooner.

glad to hear of another success with it. do you remember where you adjusted the push rod to? ive got mine set about 1/16th - 1/8" off the piston, just figured once booster kicked in it might close that gap by its self...

You're keeping the 4 liter right?

just put a mechanical fan back on it. You will regret e-fans.

4L is staying until it blows, or I have something else lined up to drop in. and ive thought about putting the mech back in... and 1 efan, and keep the other as a spare.

The Dodge 2500/3500 MC was one of the best mods I've done. $63 and about an hour including taking pictures. My only regret was I didn't do it sooner.

My hood did not clear the MC after I did the swap.

glad to hear of another success with it. do you remember where you adjusted the push rod to? ive got mine set about 1/16th - 1/8" off the piston, just figured once booster kicked in it might close that gap by its self...

Sorry, I don't remember.

My hood did not clear the MC after I did the swap.

No clearance issues with mine.

4L is staying until it blows, or I have something else lined up to drop in. and ive thought about putting the mech back in... and 1 efan, and keep the other as a spare.

the e fans are more trouble than they're worth.

mechanical fan works.

parked it out back for a day. the non symmetrical diagonal roof spreader really shows now. not so much concerned with it, clears fine. Just a bit tighter to the roof on one side.

also got a little bit of the rear tubing done this past weekend...at least the lower quarters... dont really like how the sheet metal is, will probably end up cutting out some junk yard skins and re doing it later on. bumper and rear crossmemeber will be getting cut back to match.

i decided to say **** it, and chop the quarters off, il be saving them for skins, but this is about as far as ive gotten on the rear of the cage. picking up some more tube this weekend, and will hopefully get to working on it again next week sometime.

I did get my rear axle geared, .006-.009 backlash

and ruffstuff covers showed up.

Back