• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just another poopbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

Re: just another shitbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

got the rear axle painted and thrown back in. still need to weld some brake line tabs on. NBD.

also got the front axle stripped down. the spindles did not want to come off, but i convinced them it was for the best and they gave in.

placed an order for new lower king pin bearings, new upper bushings, and inner spindle bearings.

fun part will be cleaning the tubes out, there so much crap caked in there its not even funny.

working on getting the carrier bearings pulled off tonight, so i can start gear setup this week.

bow season is upon us. the only season i hunt... and well sadly im not sure if il even get out at all this year. Already bought my tags, and some new gear. just looks like work isnt going to let it happen this year...

just another shitbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

I taped some scotch bright on the end of a long rod, put it on my drill, worked awesome to clean the inner tubes.

Slide some 1.5 tube into your axle tubes so you can rotate the axle as you do the gears, makes it supper easy and not have to work around the control arm mounts.

Looks good!

did a bit of knuckle beefing. now getting :confused1 off paint fumes at work.

Re: just another junk making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

Haven't done much since last update. been in the woods alot.

I did get the front axle geared, and all put back together with all kinds of fresh parts.

This past week I decided I didnt like the standard shock hoops with generic weld on tabs... im sure they would have worked fine, they do for plenty of people...for some reason I was bothered by them.

so scraped them and started over. this is what I have so far.

the outside tube lands on a stand off at the rail, the cowl side will have plates welded to them and be stitch welded to the firewall/cowl. I plan on running a cowl spreader, and tying them into that also. (hood will get notched) does anyone see a problem with this plan? strength wise? Ive also been tossing around running a drop tube/support off the inside tube down to a stand off on the rail...just not sure if itd be necessary with them being tied into the cowl spreader as well...

How did the driver's side turn out around the MC?

the tube/hoop things fits around master, booster no problem. the actual shock mount is very tight to the MC. I haven't tried pulling the master with it there yet...but i think there is just enough room to wiggle it out of there as is. im going to be redoing the shock mount portion because i built them to be used flat and made them a tad to narrow, the way it came out (so the hood would still shut) they are at an angle. making the top cap of the C/O slightly rub on the shock mount

(i plan on redoing the brake line that goes over top of the MC)

also got my B-pillar wrapped up...nothing special.

Ive been reading about bendtech softwear for quite sometime. i finally said f**k it and bought it... I should have done this before i even started my cage...:doh: but regardless i have it now. and this is the plan for my D pillars, cargo area cage.

I mean I know my shit is junk....but could have atleast left box.... "Junkbox" would have been cooler then just... "junk"

Re: just another junkbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

??? weird??? i can post from _95 or _97... i made my account as _97, because it said _95 was taken... _95 is mine from cherokeeforum.... are these linked??

You must have logins for both accounts? Your membership is under the 97 one.

Which one do you want?

Also, someone reported the other title because the original word in the title is not allowed in titles, but allowed in the text of the thread.

I didn't edit it, I didn't report it, and I didn't make that rule.

mac 'carry on with this junkbox of a build thread ;)' gyvr

I top those motions with Cheese...so it must stand!!!

Cheese "Has Spoken" Man

Back