• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard Finds

Saw some fun stuff at the yard:

1950 Caddy.
103115%2001.jpg

Unmolested YJ in the new sets.
103115%2002.jpg

The elusive KXZJ 8.25" axle.
103115%2004.jpg

BlacknBlue_XJ had plans for upgrading his D-35. We got him an upgrade allrighty! :D
103115%2003.jpg

As a side note, the ('97+) XJ that we pulled the axle from had factory tank skid, front skid, tow hooks. I did not think to look for a T-case skid.

Well, technically, I only had plans for fixing my wobbly armrest. :D

Huge thanks to Hypoid for helping me get this thing pulled out and pieced together. :cheers:

Also got myself some centercaps for my steelies, but I pried them off and now I'm finding out that the hardware isn't easy to come by. :doh: Might be making a trip back out next weekend to snatch those up before someone else takes the wheels.

I had fun. I scored all the interior pieces I was looking for.

Might be making a trip back out next weekend to snatch those up before someone else takes the wheels.
Sweet! You can come and get that spare wheel out of my back yard. :D

Just for Riverfever, some dirty, dirty, (really dirty) Vanagon love.

110115%2001.jpg

No problemo! Maybe I'll find that brake line I was telling you about.

Still working on the Flex Plate?

Can someone grab me a front washer fluid motor or two for a 2000 next time they visit a yard? I will pay for part and shipping! Thanks!! :wave:

This might hurt..

HPIM1421.jpg

A lot!

HPIM1422.jpg

I should have taken the seat bottom out.

HPIM1423.jpg

Made it home anyway!

HPIM1430.jpg

UPAP Denver. There is a manual transmission sitting there...

Nothing says "booty-fab"...
HPIM1426.jpg

Like J-Strut!

HPIM1428.jpg

Shoulda used duct tape!!!!!!! (Is that made from conduit???)

HPIM1429.jpg

In all fairness, there might be some good parts on this XJ.

HPIM1425.jpg

Um....... what's "J-Strut"? Google gots nuthin.

You would have beat me to it! When I saw it Saturday afternoon, I stood there blinking, not believing my eyes.

Next thing on my bucket list is to find an old Ford engine with cross-bolt heads above the pan rail. :)

Back