• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard Finds

I know....but those guys will just use it for yard art.

Yours is just driveway art though Frank, not much difference..... :D

Saw an '87 'Manche at the LKQ: D-35, manual tranny (2WD), 4-cylinder engine. I was dreaming all the way there. ;)

I went back for my disc brake parts, took some pictures of the poor little thang...

7-5-14_1.jpg

7-5-14_3.jpg

7-5-14_2.jpg

7-5-14_4.jpg

This might be the best part...

7-5-14_5.jpg

The donor for my rear disc parts.

When I started, I gave the body a good shove from the side, to see how stable the stands were. After removing one tire, the parking brake cables, calipers, rotors, pulling the shafts to get to the caliper brackets, it seemed kinda light in the rear. When I removed the second caliper bracket, the nose went down and the arse went up!!! :wow:

I stood flat footed with my palms on the rear threshold, and pushed the rear down to the stand.

Lets be careful out there!!!

7-5-14_9.jpg

This is what $60 looks like!

7-5-14_10.jpg

Last edited:
Next time anyone is at a yard, if you could pick me up a ZJ (w/ disc brakes) E-Brake cable bracket, I'd be forever indebted to you. Getting ready to move has absorbed all of my free time. Beer + Cash :D

Next time anyone is at a yard, if you could pick me up a ZJ (w/ disc brakes) E-Brake cable bracket, I'd be forever indebted to you. Getting ready to move has absorbed all of my free time. Beer + Cash :D

I think I have you covered. :)

Good day today! I'll be into this for less than $100 after I get the core returned. :)

001-4.jpg

Went to the U Pull and Pay off i25 and 76, and they had a couple things that I found worthwhile

-Ford Excursion with a complete front end. It will be a metric D50, but it was complete and you could use it for a 14/60 hybrid type of axle, or just use the D50.

-'97 white two door, looks like it ran into a brick wall on the front passenger side. Drivers door was rough, but looked OK from 20 feet. Most interior plastic was there, it was the light gray. Rear glass was tinted but still there. Not sure if anyone wheels 2 doors, but I know the old body style glass is a PITA to find since thats all I seem to break when wheeling.

-Couple Exploders still had their rear 8.8s. Some where complete, others not. I dont know enough about them to say which have the LSD and 3.75s, but there are some there.

Looks like axles are ~$100 with core, so would be worth it.
Awesome weather today, and I found a WJ 242 and shift bezel. Its a non HD, and the bezel is cracked, but I think I did OK. Off to figure out what makes an HD an HD.

Last edited:
Looking for: '97-'01 bright red front clip. Hood, fenders, header paner, bumper, caps, flares, grill and bezels......all parts red, like the Classics and Limiteds have.

E5FBCBCF-9C8A-4159-9A7D-CFB3A52222F5_4.jpg

Also:

Still need a passenger side headlight bezel for '97-'99 in gunmetal. '00-'01 won't work as the color went darker.

IMG_20140514_114331125_zpsvc0bjvgt.jpg

Last edited:
Text sent........ it has black grill/bezels. Thanks anyhow!

Bump.... Still looking for that gunmetal bezel and a front bumper. Thx!

Back in the saddle!

FENDERS.jpg

Now, for some TTB arms.

Back