• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard Finds

That one is still sitting in the drain shop, though it has been moved.

I wouldn't mind that front axle for my truck, being an 01 its still leafsprung so it would bolt right in. I wonder what gear ration it has.

LKQ website says that F-350 has been available since 2-1-17. I'll bet that anything left has been worked over with a claw hammer, for a "dealer only" part....

Says the guy whose company of choice took a government bailout and still had to sell themselves out to a foreign car brand.

We are all fiat now.

Oh, I thought it was retro active and my Dakota was technically Tony's problem. My bad.

next you will ask why poop is in the toilet .:eyes:
There is poop in the toilet because shiveees and jimeees rust faster than old toyertas, and the chysler-dog-ram products have a "first to fail" contest between the electrical systems and the power train systems. I will have to give them credit for the paint, they do have a lot of pretty vehicles in the junkyard.

Says the guy whose company of choice took a government bailout and still had to sell themselves out to a foreign car brand.

Ford relied on their repair shops and parts departments to make it through all that. Customers having to fix their Fords kept Ford from a bail out.

"Oh, you need part #7? The "Wheel Bearing Retainer Key"? Yeah, they're no longer made individually. It's only available in the $84 full hub rebuild kit. You'll need 2 kits as we recommend you do both sides." "Oh and by the way, that's the single part that keeps your entire rotating assembly from flying off the axle spindle.... Its pretty important. If it gets chewed up, you're screwed." Yeah, no sh*t. Got all the other hub parts at the junk yard but not one retainer key was to be found that wasn't already gone or chewed up. Ask me how I know.

2009-04-18_001159_1.gif

They're doing it still today, on a grander scale. Ever heard what it costs to repair Ford's new all aluminum truck bodies? Aluminum body repair requires a repair bay separate from all other body repair bays due to the fine aluminum particulates. Special filler prior to the final prep and paint. Comes with it's own unique hourly rate too. Got a dent in the rear quarter of your 2015 F150? Fork over $4,100 to get that fixed. Insurance will love you for that too.... http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmu...-a-sledgehammer-the-repair-bill/#5eae94474e9b

Don't break the tail light on one of those either...... $887. Really? If I have a $500 insurance deductible it's BETTER to take a claim out for a busted tail light????

Making a quality vehicle that stays out of the shop can create financial issues for the automaker...... I'll stick with my bailed-out Dodge stuff.

:moon:

Last edited:
6.7 Cummins has probably the worst, most expensive and difficult to diagnose emissions system of any on the market. And every year it gets worse.

Truth!

Last year I was driving to Dallas for an MX race. Left Denver around 9PM. Just south of the Springs my truck suddenly had a message that there was a problem with the emission system and I had to get it fixed in 150 miles or my truck would be speed limited to 5 mph. I ended up sleeping in the truck just outside of Pueblo and went to the dealer there right when they opened. They ended up having to replace the entire SCR. Thankfully it was under warranty, otherwise I would have been out $1,300!

Sorry Troy, but you're wrong in what kept Ford afloat when GM and Chrysler needed bailouts. Ford is far from the only manufacturer that sells things as assemblies. And its not like GM and Chrysler brand (or any brand for that matter) are starving compared to their Ford brethren. All cars/trucks break down and need repair, regardless of brand.

What kept Ford afloat was 2 fold. 1, the Firestone tire debacle caused them to hit a financial crisis prior to the economic slowdown. This caused them to streamline costs in their business model ahead of the other 2 companies. 2, unlike GM and Chrysler Ford actually owned their financial institution. That meant that they couldn't be turned down for money to cover operating costs that poor sales weren't covering.

Truth!

Last year I was driving to Dallas for an MX race. Left Denver around 9PM. Just south of the Springs my truck suddenly had a message that there was a problem with the emission system and I had to get it fixed in 150 miles or my truck would be speed limited to 5 mph. I ended up sleeping in the truck just outside of Pueblo and went to the dealer there right when they opened. They ended up having to replace the entire SCR. Thankfully it was under warranty, otherwise I would have been out $1,300!

My dad had the same issue with his. He bought it brand new and the SCR plagued him for as long as he owned it. Had it back to the dealer no less than 5 times for the same problem.

My next door neighbor used Dodge diesel trucks in his contracting business. Last new truck he bought, he had it in the shop (under warranty) every time it set a light. Since they gave him a loaner vehicle, he put miles on that and never worried about how long it took to get his Dodge back. Last time he had that Dodge in the shop, they wanted to charge him some outrageous price for a part that was not under warranty. He traded it in on a Toyota gasser for his work truck, and bought an older Dodge for the random times he has to pull a significant load.

Yep, when Ford had the 6.0l and 6.4l diesels a lot of the tow truck companies replaced their older 7.3 rigs with gas powered ones.

180k miles on factory 68rfe trans oe injectors. tuned oversize rubber and an aggressive driver..lol...kind of a different story than Ford boys peddle .

Now, there are two eff-tree-fiddys in the yard! I did give a H-U to one member here, because I had contact info, and we have history, sort of... :D

HPIM1669.jpg

HPIM1667.jpg

HPIM1670.jpg

Not to mention this tree that already had all the cherries picked, mostly...

HPIM1671.jpg

HPIM1673.jpg

HPIM1674.jpg

HPIM1672.jpg

Back