• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard Finds

HPIM1423.jpg

You hit the yards all of the time, how is it you are missing a radio and dash bezel?

You hit the yards all of the time, how is it you are missing a radio and dash bezel?
I am not missing them. In fact, I have a few of each (stashed away in the garage). :cool:

Found the hood vents I've been looking for. Now to get rolling on the install. Also pulled the cover to get to my flex plate and tightened that up, now my rig runs nice and somewhat quiet.

U pull n Pay Aurora has a white grand, with red lifted coils all 4 corners, ranchos all around and drilled and slotted rotors on all 4 corners as well.

Did it have a 6, or 8 cylinder engine?

Spent Saturday down at all the yards.

Started at Anderson's, then hit both UPAP's and the Aurora LKQ.

Didn't have time to hit the Denver LKQ, didn't realize they closed at 4.

Went to pick up some parts for two of the four XJ's we have (one is getting sold here soon).

Man...I didn't realize it was going to be near impossible to find a gray interior hatch cover other than a couple that were either cracked bad or had the mounting tabs broken.

Not a whole lot of early model XJ's to be seen anywhere. ZJ's are the new XJ.

Saw a couple of lifted XJ's in the parking lot at the various yards.

There is a white MJ with a 4.0L at the Aurora LKQ...that would have made a GREAT builder.

I nabbed a 4.10, disc'd, limited slip 8.8 for one of the Jeeps at the Aurora LKQ. There was another of the same there, along with an open one. Saw a 4.10, disc'd, open at Aurora UPAP.

We'll be stopping back by the Denver yards this coming Sunday on our way back from Grand Lake...hopefully we can find some of the smaller things were looking for.

As of Saturday, there is a Ford Dana 60 at the Denver Pick and Pull off i70.

Its a ball joint D60, and its in a 2000, so not the grail axle, but still worth a good chunk more than the full axle prices.

Two issues, the rear end is up on the blocks, the front is rested on the axle in the dirt. Its also a dually axle, but the dually bits looked to be a bolt on affair.

Single cab, white truck in the NE corner of the trucks. Has a massive flat bed, and a sketchy pintle hook as well!

Good hunting gentlemen!

Edit: Actually checked their website, and its listed as a 2000 F350, row TK17. They also show a '97 which would be a ball joint D60, but I dont recall seeing that truck, so I am not sure if its a 4x4 or not.

Last edited:
I have not been to the yards much this year. I did a run-through on the 4th of July weekend. All of these vehicles are long gone.

An old Fairlane.

HPIM1456.jpg

A chopped up XJ with an MJ tailgate welded on the back.

HPIM1457.jpg

HPIM1459.jpg

Another old Cherokee with the offset D-44 under the back.

HPIM1460.jpg

The "Cyclops" hood vent. :D

HPIM1462.jpg

HPIM1463.jpg

I went for another run on Saturday. I counted six, two door XJs. One was the '97+ body style. I saw a 3/4-ton Chevy with flat top knuckles, not sure I want to deal with those. There was a '90 in the new sets with some Swampers and a lift. A couple young guys were pulling the lift, we had a good visit. :)

I did not see any tanks skids for a '97+.

I did not see any Wagoneer grills, yet...

Coolest car of the weekend, a 1950 Studebaker Commander.

HPIM1566.jpg

HPIM1573.jpg

HPIM1572.jpg

HPIM1568.jpg

Flatheads forever!!!!! :D

HPIM1567.jpg

Super busy at work Friday searching CL found a wrecked 99 XJ at Bennett auto parts ran the VIN and found out it had up country package!! So headed to Bennett Saturday morning and scored t/case skid, fuel tank skid and 29 spline 8.25 with Trac loc for $200. ;)

Super busy at work Friday searching CL found a wrecked 99 XJ at Bennett auto parts ran the VIN and found out it had up country package!! So headed to Bennett Saturday morning and scored t/case skid, fuel tank skid and 29 spline 8.25 with Trac loc for $200. ;)

Sweet!!!! I can stop looking for... :)

Wellllllll I could still use another skid as I am hunting for another late model XJ, can never have enough Jeep's. :looney:
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

It's a sickness I tell ya, A SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!!

Good hunting over the weekend, found 3 or 4 XJs with the same seat covers, just none for a 2-door. I also noticed a set of "curved" manual seat bases that have the extra lever for adjusting the seat angle.

We found an RE 1600 Track Bar; "easy money" I thought. Someone with a sawzall will get that one, the bolt on the axle end is seized in the steel collar.

I did happen to see a late model XJ with stock tank skid. Someone will have to roll a hoist over to lift the Jeep off the skid. ;)

The only thing I took pictures of is sitting in the drain shop. At the counter, I asked why it was there. One employee thought it had a bad head gasket. There will definitely be a frenzy when they set this one out.

HPIM1609.jpg

HPIM1608.jpg

HPIM1610.jpg

Back