• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard Finds

Just throwing this out there but I work at the denver insurance auto auctions right next to the UPNP at i25 and 66th (off of pecos) if you would like to have me check on something for you I dont mind. I do get busy some days so I might not be able to get to it immediately.

Stumbled on this when looking at Colorado Auto and Part's website. They posted they were now subscribed to Row52.com for their inventory listing. Seems to be a good site. Has a photo of the vehicle and where it can be found. You can sign up to get notices of new inventory for specific yards or other search parameters.

Here's a link of what a search results page looks like:

http://row52.com/Search/?Year=1986-...istance=Radius&MakeId=155&ModelId=2940&Page=1

Hoping this works better than the notification feature for Pull-n-Pay. I never get notified of new arrival cars that I've selected.
Fantastic link

I saw three or four of the Taurus fans at N. Denver U-Pull.
Saw four today.

When I walked in to the N Denver yard, I saw a guy loading up an RE long arm set, lucky bastige!

FWIW, he left the rear leaf springs, I think the part # was 1461. He also left a 231 T-case with SYE.

Saw four today.

When I walked in to the N Denver yard, I saw a guy loading up an RE long arm set, lucky bastige!

FWIW, he left the rear leaf springs, I think the part # was 1461. He also left a 231 T-case with SYE.

Did you notice what year it was and if it was a auto or manual??

Did you notice what year it was and if it was a auto or manual??
2000 MY, automatic transmission. It even had the dual CATs attached to the exhaust manifold.

Just sent you a PM.

Went to the N. Denver PullnPay...Picked up the RE 1461 Leafs springs for $30.00, and the 231 transfer w/ SYE for and additional $65.00. I wanted to say thanks to the members of this board, for the heads up. And another Thank You to who ever undid all of the transfercase/tranny bolts/nuts, except the final two, ahead of me, leaving me w/ a very simple 15min project....Got the case home and cracked open, only to discover it is also equipped w/ the Tera-low 4-1 conversion! Definite Score! Also scored the front and rear SS braided brake lines, and Aftermarket shackles for no additional cost, as the cashier was in a very great mood and just gave them to me, no charge.
For as much rust that '00 XJ body had, I sure lucked out. The previous owner must have just recently had all of the parts installed, as not one bolt was rusted or seized in place. Even the upper shackle bolts came out smoothly....Guess even a blind pig can find an cherry every now and then. All thanks to the info posted on this board.

Damn, that was a score! :thumbup:

Yes... it definitely was...Thanks for posting about the springs you saw left behind...That is specifically what I went there for. I didn't really expect them to be, especially since I did not get there until nearly 2pm today. And there was already 3 or 4 different people pulling other parts off the front end....and yet none of them wanted any of the drivetrain or suspension...they just wanted the front bumper and window regulators.

Damn, that was a nicely equipped XJ for being sent to the junk yard. That t-case was definitely a score.

Nice score, I did not make it there till 3:00 and it was gone. Did end up getting cruise control servo I needed for my 2 door.

Good day at the bone-yard! BTW, LKQ is having a half-price sale through the weekend.

Dana44_01.jpg

Report from UPNP Colorado Springs Today:

There are a few new Jeeps at UPNP Colorado Springs, including a 01 XJ that was put out in the last week, it has been hit for a few parts, but still has plenty. There were several Pre-96 Jeeps 4.0L, Auto, 4x4s as well that are mostly complete (Including Tail Lights).

I think I saw a AX-15 out there attached to a half dismantled TC-231.

Thanks for a timely heads-up from Hypoid, I scored a NICE black '99 header panel complete, and both front fenders in excellent shape at LKQ. Thanks a bunch Mike! :thumbup:

I then hit up the UPAP in Denver and snatched up a stupid-nice pair of maroon 2dr bolster buckets for my dually project along with arm rests, door speaker grills and map pockets!

And all of that for under $180....... What? I know! :D

I have one, but you'd have to buy the whole truck... :eyes:

Troy, time to sell something. ;) It is nice to see somebody I know scooping good parts.

Frank, there is a long freakin list of people who want me to drag one home. Closest I've been is an F-350 that was missing it's front axle. :eyes:

As always, its the thrill of the hunt! :)

I have one, but you'd have to buy the whole truck... :eyes:
I got $200 and some moldy Nilla Wafers.....
Frank, there is a long freakin list of people who want me to drag one home. Closest I've been is an F-350 that was missing it's front axle. :eyes:

As always, its the thrill of the hunt! :)
I know....but those guys will just use it for yard art.

Back