• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44's and 3 link test run

kid4lyf said:
What axles?

If i read this thread right, I think the axles are 44's, not the tires??? It's kind of hard to decipher.

CRASH said:
If i read this thread right, I think the axles are 44's, not the tires??? It's kind of hard to decipher.
Didn't look like 44" Boggers.

ok, im about 900% sure kid4lyf knows my jeep isnt on 44" tires, i think hes asking what the dana 44's came from.

and to answer that, the axles are out of a 74 j10 pickup the d300 is out of a 85 cj7

CRASH said:

from what I understand, the Dana Axle designation number means that is the max tire size that centersection can handle -

D35 - takes 35's with no problems
D44 - 44" tires
D60 - 60" tires

hence the reason that no cherokee/wrangler with a D30 ever came with more than a 30" tire - thats why the Rubi's have a d44 front end - because they come with 31" MT/R's which are too big for the d30.

Now the Chevy went the other way - and simply counted the bolts in the diff cover - and left the guess work up to the people using the axles

10 bolt, 12 bolt, and 14 bolt...

AMC on the other hand, uses the military tire size spec - as in:

AMC 20 can handle any tire size - as long as the tire isnt more than 20" larger than a rim.

And Eaton is all sorts of fawked up - I still havent figured out the Manufacturer spec for their components

so in the end - this cherokee could have Both - D44's and 44" boggers...

XJ_ranger said:
Duh, tire width dude.
Everyone knows you need at least 14 bolts on your diff cover to run a 14" wide tire :doh:

Simply brilliant. You have my vote for director.

XJ_ranger said:
from what I understand, the Dana Axle designation number means that is the max tire size that centersection can handle -

D44 - 44" tires
D60 - 60" tires

hence the reason that no cherokee/wrangler with a D30 ever came with more than a 30" tire - thats why the Rubi's have a d44 front end - because they come with 31" MT/R's which are too big for the d30.

Now the Chevy went the other way - and simply counted the bolts in the diff cover - and left the guess work up to the people using the axles

AMC 20 can handle any tire size - as long as the tire isnt more than 20" larger than a rim.

And Eaton is all sorts of fawked up - I still havent figured out the Manufacturer spec for their components

XJ_ranger said:

D44 - 44" tires
D60 - 60" tires

My sarcasm machine just exploded :roflmao:

xjj33p3r said:
My sarcasm machine just exploded :roflmao:

Fitting....

Sarcasm.jpg

XJ_ranger said:

actually it refers to the number of bolts retaining the ring-gear to he carrier, its just coincidental that the cover bolts corespond.

i prefer the max tire width myself.

tealcherokee said:
u have officially made my thread RETARDED
Don't put yourself down like that.
You deserve plenty of credit for this thread being retarded. :D

Last edited:
tealcherokee said:

Its not my fault your thread isnt advanced...

(why is this in the Advanced Fab section if this is RETARDED?)

and how much more effort does it take to type out "you" instead of "u"

?

tealcherokee said:
i put it in the pic thread, someone "higher up" moved it

Fawkin' Hinkley. :rolleyes:

XJ_ranger said:
D44 - 44" tires
D60 - 60" tires
Opie, that is friggin' brilliant!
If I ever need an engineer, I'm hiring you immediately. I really like the way you think...
:D

tealcherokee said:
You-Are-Not_cool_%28leet_speek%29.jpg

Back