• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Toyota crusher again

snowboard3r411

NAXJA Forum User
97 SE 4dr 4.0/Auto unknown actual mileage but likely around 180K. (warning light cluster was swapped out for a gauge cluster).
-D300 t-case, flipped, cable twin-stick shifter.
-Custom tube winch bumper with Warn 9500hs winch, synthetic fairlead.
-LeBaron hood vents and aftermarket CAI
-BIGoffroad head light harness
-D&C full roll cage with added floor tubes and "B" hoop bracing
-4-point harnesses and high bolster aftermarket vinyl seats.
-Kenwood Stereo, factory rear sound bar
-Manual windows/mirrors
-Full size 35" spare
-NEW 35x12.50/15 Mickey Thompson MTZ's on beadlocks and 4 new lock rings, Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers
-D30 w/ 4:56's, lunchbox locker, inner alloy shafts, Yukon u-joints,axle truss and LCA skids
-Rock Crawler 3-link brackets and custom links with HUGE joints.
-Phat Jeeps Canyon Climber steering
-RE 6" coils, 1.5" spacer
-RE HD Trackbar and bracket
-JKS Over Axle Bracket
-Bilstein 5150 shocks on all 4 corners, Daystar EVS foam shock bumps on fronts
-D44 rear axle, alloys, Detroit EZ, 4:56's
-BIGoffroad 4" FlexE leafs and RE boomerang shackles, 3-position spring seats and raised shock mounts welded on.
-"Solid" diff covers
-Full frame stiffeners with welded on sliders.
-Custom rear bumper
-Flat belly trans crossmember
-Factory gas skid
-Rear quarter guards

2010-08-16193129.jpg

100_0684.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0683.jpg

100_0695.jpg

100_0694.jpg

100_0693.jpg

100_0691.jpg

100_0690.jpg

100_0688.jpg

100_0687.jpg

100_0686.jpg

100_0685.jpg

im going to paint the rockers tomorrow im thinking red lol what you guys think?? im also going to herculiner the inside tomorrow. well let you guys know how she goose. Im also cutting a 97+ console in half from the cup holders back cause i need some lol

Personally I prefer subtle colors that flow well with the rig, as opposed to "look at me" colors, that clash with your current paint scheme, but ultimately it's your choice, awesome rig that's for sure :thumbup:

Herc the rockers, then paint the Herc with RE Grey. THAT would look good.

So uh... does anybody know the difference between 'grey' and 'gray'? I've always wondered but never found out...

a vowel?

So uh... does anybody know the difference between 'grey' and 'gray'? I've always wondered but never found out...
The difference is which side of the pond you are on.

Wow......... just steal my original for sale ad why don't ya! :D

You'll need to remove the part about the beadlocks........ :twak:

Hurculining the exterior is so 5 years ago.........

I had intended to paint those sliders and the rear quarter guards to match the bead locks I took off it.

But since you don't have the bead locks to match to and really nothing but the blue body and black everything else....... you certainly have plenty of color options.

Hurculine the floors.... you saw what the exhaust did to trash laying on the metal floor..... you're just gonna cook that herc paint....... and it's gonna stink.

But no seriously...... Resist the urge to hurcluline everything. :puke:

Maybe not Herc, but I think the bedliner texture rockers with RE grey over them would look pretty nice, going along with the QP guards... no?

Maybe not Herc, but I think the bedliner texture rockers with RE grey over them would look pretty nice, going along with the QP guards... no?

No.

Unless you like your rig ..... or parts of your rig .... looking like an avocado.

Don't listen to these guys :D, herculine everything: rockers, sliders, rooftop, hood, hatch, that little spot underneath the shackle that no one can see, just get the paint brush and go to town :D

In all seriousness, I've got my rockers and sliders herculined which I don't regret doing at all because it has saved me a few serious scratches and they are easy to touch up with a can of rusto. I'm the type of guy that hates painting stuff unless I can do it out of a spray can with no prep work and the herc makes that pretty easy.

All that being said, I'll probably won't do it to future jeeps unless its the interior or the bed of my MJ, which I rather get Rhino lined.

No.

Unless you like your rig ..... or parts of your rig .... looking like an avocado.

:roflmao:

All that being said, I'll probably won't do it to future jeeps unless its the interior or the bed of my MJ, which I rather get Rhino lined.

Rhino Line = (n)
Linex = :thumbup:

Linex is cheaper, thicker, holds its color better, more durable, and IMO has a better texture. There's a Linex shop not far from my house too.

my guess would be....

gray= the shade of paint

grey= the shade of a F.O.G"s hair

for those who dont know F.O.G stands for fawking old guy
:moon:

Fisked :twak:

Hey Youngster, I resemble that remark!! :twak:
sorry. i couldnt help my self! lol
just given you old guys s**t...
dont take it to heart!
thats probably the only thing a young guy could give an old guy s**t about.... so i jumped on the chance.
its us youngins that cause that grey hair!

edit.... grey is not a color, its a shade....

Wow......... just steal my original for sale ad why don't ya! :D

You'll need to remove the part about the beadlocks........ :twak:

Hurculining the exterior is so 5 years ago.........

I had intended to paint those sliders and the rear quarter guards to match the bead locks I took off it.

But since you don't have the bead locks to match to and really nothing but the blue body and black everything else....... you certainly have plenty of color options.

Hurculine the floors.... you saw what the exhaust did to trash laying on the metal floor..... you're just gonna cook that herc paint....... and it's gonna stink.

lol yes i stole your ad haha but anyway i thinking lime green now haha jk but i dont know i want something to stand out i didnt get to the sliders today help a buddy install a rc 4.5 lift on his 00 so that took my day. also added a plate to the stinger for my winch hook to hook on to pic up tomorrow

Not bashing you by any means, but can I ask why you feel the need to stand out? A beast of an XJ like yours, already stands out pretty good, not much need to try and stand out any more.

Back