• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

check. check. check. none yet.
3 outta 4 aint bad! :cheers:

its even worse when you know what all of them are, and how to fix them, and just dont, because its not bad enough to keep you from wheelin!

exactly, and ive got a transfer case skid, and front diff skid in the jeep not actually on it yet, i just havent got around to puttin them on when im off i wheel i dont wrench

when you carry a full standard AND a full metric tool set plus an equal number of specialized tools in your rig at all times............ just in case you have a few extra minutes before your date!!!!!

check. check. check. none yet.
3 outta 4 aint bad! :cheers:

its even worse when you know what all of them are, and how to fix them, and just dont, because its not bad enough to keep you from wheelin!

I do believe you have the electrical problems as well (aka dash lights)

WooHoo 4 out of 4 :D

When you tell someone you're movin and they ask if you're gonna tow the hunk-o-junk, and you tell them that you're using it to tow the trailer, and they look at you and start laughing!

and then they apologize when you get there and back 2 times with little to no problems!

When you tell someone you're movin and they ask if you're gonna tow the hunk-o-junk, and you tell them that you're using it to tow the trailer, and they look at you and start laughing!

and then they apologize when you get there and back 2 times with little to no problems!
...and it's considered a success!
The most surprising thing about this is that that doesn't surprise me.

You know you drive an XJ when spray paint is fully considered as an option for a new paint job.

You don't bother locking the doors because the driver's side and the rear hatch won't lock, and nobody will break in through the passenger side.

You don't care that you can't lock it because the PO wired the ignition to a push button and now nobody will know how to start it.

You don't want to roll the windows down all the way because you don't know if they'll come back up.

You've moved the door speakers to the dash so you can take the doors off in the summer.

Your friends, your family, and your girlfriend's family all know that when talking about your XJ they must refer to it as a Jeep, not a car, because you'll respond with a puzzled look and say "when did I get a car?"

You wake up and think "which electrical problem should I chase today?"

Nobody waves back.

You look forward to bad snowstorms because they're fun to drive in and you always come out of them with at least $150.

You leaned on your door and it caved in.

If you ever have anybody else drive it (you know...to go flying pig watching next to the frozen lakes in hell...) you give them a 10-minute run-down of everything they need to look out for or do while they're driving it.

That squealing tire sound from you going around the corner is perfectly normal.

When you never let anybody else drive it. Takes too long to explain things and telling them the loud popping noises and sporadic mechanical/electrical failures would scare them too much.

You don't need a parts cross-reference list from the junk yard... you know anything XJ is pretty much compatible.

There is no such thing as a simple repair and you spend every minute of it waiting for the "snag."

you have a rotating stock of parts rigs that start as daily drivers turn into wheelers then finally get parked out back then picked apart as you need parts for your runners
the guy sitting next to you asks "whats that terrible shaking"
Then you say "she's just shakin off the mud"

when the vehicle you just robbed parts off of at the JY is worth more than the vehicle you are installing them on....

Back