• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

Hubbazoot said:
If you ever have anybody else drive it (you know...to go flying pig watching next to the frozen lakes in hell...)
lol
My brother (one of few people I trust with a vehicle) drove mine around the block shortly after I bought it. Nobody but me has driven it in the year+ since then. I think the wife sat in the driver's seat one time to help me bleed the brakes.

You know you drive an XJ when spray paint is fully considered as an option for a new paint job.

and when you do spray paint a part of your jeep and it looks better then the rest of the paint

when you have spare parts for jeeps that won't work fo ryour jeeo
IE: auto trans and yours is a standard, 4dr doors and yours is a 2 door

Last edited:
If you ever have anybody else drive it (you know...to go flying pig watching next to the frozen lakes in hell...) you give them a 10-minute run-down of everything they need to look out for or do while they're driving it.

When you never let anybody else drive it. Takes too long to explain things and telling them the loud popping noises and sporadic mechanical/electrical failures would scare them too much.

exactly why my wife refuses to drive it, she got tired of the speeches haha.

You live in a warm climate and have performed several mods to keep your XJ from overheating!

when you have a black xj, no a/c, and you don't care because you're still lucky that all your windows still work!

(for now...)

when the vehicle you just robbed parts off of at the JY is worth more than the vehicle you are installing them on....

x2!

When you're crawling the scrapyard, picking over those 'nicer than my XJ' scrappers, you're thinking 'this would be a great trail rig (or DD!)'

When you see an XJ sitting near the side of the road with no plates, you get a little exited and wonder how much they want for it.

:)

When your neighbor gets a new H3 and everyone is drooling over it.........except you because one of the droolers pulled up in a lifted Jeep "station wagon" and you're too busy laying under it checking out the lift.

Happened Tuesday evening.

He took it back Thursday when he heard that they were shutting down a bunch of dealerships and he thinks he'll get a better deal when they try to clear out their inventory.

Last edited:
When your neighbor gets a new H3 and everyone is drooling over it.........except you because one of the droolers pulled up in a lifted Jeep "station wagon" and you're too busy laying under it checking out the lift.

Happened Tuesday evening.

He took it back Thursday when he heard that they were shutting down a bunch of dealerships and he thinks he'll get a better deal when they try to clear out their inventory.

When you know your XJ could outwheel any H3!!

I knew a guy who had an H3 all rigged out for wheeling. He had these skid rails on there and took a hit on one of them...not very hard... and bent the frame, totaled the vehicle and it doesn't drive straight.

Do you think an XJ could have taken similiar punishment and driven home fine?

PS: That is why you dont wheel an expensive vehicle.

Well generally XJ's skidrails are put up against the bottom of our rocker panel (which is part of the frame.)

So I'd have to say yes.

Also, had he done it to an XJ...he would have been out, like, fifty bucks?

PS: That is why you dont wheel an expensive vehicle.

Its an H3, a JK is comparable in price and people wheel the hell out of them. You should of said don't wheel a pile of crap that breaks easily! :D

I saw on HNN today that the dealerships won't actually be closing till late 2010/ early 2011. I looked it up and forwarded the story to my neighbor who thought he would wait for a better deal.
Judging by his profanity laced reply, I think he wasn't aware of the timeline.
Oh, well. His wife told my wife that she didn't like the H3 anyway because when she sat in the driver's seat she couldn't see out of the itty bitty windows.

Plus labor... :)
...You can't count that!
1 - TRUE XJ owners do their own labor.
2 - They do #1 partially because they're broke.
3 - #2 is only true because they bought upgrades for their jeep
4 - #3 is true because XJ's regard their jeep as something to love
5 - #4 Would imply that you cannot buy love.
6 - Therefore, #5 implies that you can't charge for labor!!!

Short version: even if it weren't "salvaging" the vehicle from a wreck (Um...isn't this true at least on some level all the time?), you'd be wrenching on it anyway :wierd:

Edit: I guess this does count as a "you know you drive an XJ when..."

1 - TRUE XJ owners do their own labor.
2 - They do #1 partially because they're broke.
3 - #2 is only true because they bought upgrades for their jeep
4 - #3 is true because XJ's regard their jeep as something to love
5 - #4 Would imply that you cannot buy love.
6 - Therefore, #5 implies that you can't charge for labor!!!
that's great! :laugh:

Its an H3, a JK is comparable in price and people wheel the hell out of them. You should of said don't wheel a pile of crap that breaks easily! :D

My XJ = $4500 + maybe another 2k for wheels, tires, bumpers ect.

Brand new H3 = $30,000 + other parts?

Yea i know people wheel JKs, im not saying they are smart either. esp brand new ones.

My XJ = $4500 + maybe another 2k for wheels, tires, bumpers ect.

Brand new H3 = $30,000 + other parts?

Yea i know people wheel JKs, im not saying they are smart either. esp brand new ones.

I'd wheel a brand new JK! :dunno: but it would stick to easy trails for a couple years. Besides wheeling is what the XJ is for! :D

Back