• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

you know when you own a cherokee and have more money into your XJ than a 20k buggy! :wow: my friends make fun of me all the time - i for sure have over 20k in parts, labor, etc and it still looks like ass... lets not mention my dana 30 (WJ knuckles, new unit bearing, chro mo inners and outers, super joints, aussie, Wj lower and XJ upper ball joints, arb cover, 1.5 quarter wall dom steering with heims, JKS bar pin elims, jks OTA bracket, RE HD track bar bracket, RE HE track bar, royal purple syn gear lube, alloy usa seals, rancho steering stab, Wj rotors redrilled, WJ calipers, RE braided brake lines ...................................................... F ME!)

you hear those rear drums clunking when brakes are applied.

your right foot doesnt quite clear the rocker when jumping into the drivers seat and ending up falling onto the floor. (ONLY FOR 5'-6" PEOPLE WHO HAS 6" OF LIFT)

you have to reach out to pull your wife onto the passenger seat while she's screaming "Why cant we drive the Dodge."

...people get in for a ride and it only takes about 10 seconds for them to ask "i thought that you fixed this?" Confused you reply, "I did."

...you laugh out loud any time somebody complains that their push-button 4wd didn't engage.

...you give a percentage chance that something might fall off to newcomers. ie "I am about 73.2 percent sure that the _________ (fill in the blank) won't fall off during the course of this drive, so you shouldn't worry."

...you are so tired of hearing complaints that the knobs fell off of both rear windor rollers that you simply reply with "and that's my problem because?!?!?!?..."

...people comment from the rear seat that "your window washer fluid light is on" and the only thing you can do is stare blankly into the rear-view mirror and say "really? Didn't notice."

...late at night your wife can find you in a drunken stupor just staring at your truck and grinning.

...you get up set when one of your friends is talking about selling his XJ..

...Every time a friend/relative sells an XJ you beg your wife to let you buy it.

...your wife has gotten mad at you because after fruitless begging you bought it anyway...

...your oil filter adapter and/or RMS is leaking like a sieve but you keep putting it off to do other upgrades/fixes so it'll wheel better

...reverse lights are a luxury

...you smoke ricers on a daily basis

...after you smoke said ricer they ask what you have in that thing, you look over your sholder and say "some spare parts, a bag of tools, and that ford 8.8 I've had my eye on."

...when you hose down your engine you know to stay well clear of the back of the throttle body

...you've replaced at least one TPS because you forgot/didn't yet know the above

You know where the CPS plug is.

Your dad knows where the CPS plug is.

Your ex roommate knows where the CPS plug is.

That neighbor that borrowed your XJ to bring some plywood home knows where the CPS plug is.

When riding with your woman and she wanted to hold onto your hand but you would rather hold onto the transfer case shifter.

...late at night your wife can find you in a drunken stupor just staring at your truck and grinning.

When you run outside at night to measure or check something because you discovered something new on NAXJA.

When you run outside at night to measure or check something because you discovered something new on NAXJA.

OMG that is soo funny! I think every one here has stumbled across the thread about the proper way to measure lift and run outside to check it.

"If my jeep can make it, so can your tractor"
When you tell the trench crew to follow the path your xj left around the wash out

When you pay through the nose for 2 bolts from the dealership, and then they wanna charge you extra for tellling you the torque settings!!!:firedevil

-Your girlfriend says "This thing looks like a piece of shit on four wheels" and you just smile at her and say "I know"
-People think you have tourrets. But you're just cussing at your back hatch closing on top of you while you're trying to load stuff in the back.
-This happens ^ at 3am packing for a fishing trip and your neighbors come outside to see what's going on.
-They get woken up again when you start your engine : )

You spend saturday night on NAXJA wondering what you will be doing once all our XJ's are rusted out..

(for those in the north) You are planning a trip to somewhere south sometime in the futurejust so you can buy your next (clean/rust free) XJ once yours (or all the XJs in your area) are beyond repair due to rot.

Back