• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

When they multiply in your driveway.

When your family asks if they can borrow it and you have to go through the tips on how to make things work. i.e. Stereo/ aux. fan /aux lights/high idle switch.

When the winter roads are bad and your family or friends ask you to chauffer them that day.

When your kids school bus gets stuck and the driver asks you to take 4 kids in each of your XJ's to get them to school.

(Fiancee' drove one and I the other, school should have been closed due to the 9" of snow and blowing snow, but they would have had to extend the year by one day.)

When your loved ones don't worry about you anymore when you have to drive in bad weather conditions...and when you get home from driving in bad weather and your loved ones ask you how many people did you go by that were stuck because they don't know how to drive or weren't driving a Jeep...or how many people did you help out on the way home because your late...

When you give up driving you dd because of one little fuse, but your XJ needs all of the bushings replaced and you don't even consider switching back. Or fixing the bushings.:wow:

...you have had to rush a significant other/potential relationship to the ER for stitches in the middle of a wheeling trip because she took her seat belt off.
IMG_5584.jpg

Thats the view from the passanger seat of my xj, my Girl took off her seat belt thinking we were parked, while i was peeing before a climb
Cherokee:1
Girlfriend:0

You bring a girl on a date and kill the battery by leaving the lights on and in a skirt and heels has to help you push your MJ because the 31's and new rearend in the bed make it too hard to push alone. Then she gets mud on the back of her legs triyng to get in.

Or You beat your truck 3 times as hard as all your friends and have had your truck the longest and spent the least amount of money fixing it.

You love having a lever instead of a button for 4wd.

You have the only vehicle around that you autocrossed, dragraced and did a mudrun with. All at legal events, while drawing a bigger crowd then prostock draggers and subaru STIs. Not that I did any good at any of those events. :laugh:

You occasionally give your truck a beating to "make sure she doesnt forget whos the boss"

You go drinking at a party out in the woods, and don't have to worry about going home because your home for night has AC, heat, surround sound and is (mostly) waterproof.

i like the lamp, i was thinking of making a coffee table out of them. i have 1, my best friend will have one soon, and i was going to get 2 more from another friend and somehow bolt them together and get a glass top....

that lamp is awesome. i may just have to steal your idea someday if i ever get around to doing an SYE

Back