• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

1) you drive another car and miss your jeep's moans and groans around each corner.

2) people you don't even know come up to you to talk to you about your jeep.

3) when you get a ticket, you're offended not by the ticket...but by the fact that "body style" is marked as an 'suv' and not 'jeep.'

4) your bug starts to spread into your friends...now they help you fix your jeep too!

5) everyone tries nicknaming it...but it still goes by 'the jeep.'

6) nobody understands why you're rocking your jeep in gear when it won't start (starter relay went out.)

7) It's starting to go out, but you keep driving it because it's not broken...yet.

8) You start eying other jeeps in parking lots...especially the lifted ones... to see if they're for show or the real deal.

9) You laugh at the jeeps lifted for show.

10) someone opens their door and scratches your jeep. You're mad at them, not because it doesn't faze you, but because it didn't faze them.

11) The answer to "are you done working on that thing?" is "until I get paid again."

12) As long as all your cool stuff inside is out of sight, you're not worried about it getting stolen.

13) You thought you got all the leaks to stop...and then you see that drip of oil hanging off the tranny and just laugh.

14) People ask you if you had an exciting day, you reply, "Yeah! I got my exhaust bracket fixed."

15) No matter what the installation/project, it requires a test drive. Yes, even those new floor mats.

16) You want to ask the folks at the car wash place if it'd be possible for them to clean the inside without actually washing it first.

17) You climbed under your jeep in -10deg weather, and the thing that bothered you most was that you couldn't find what was wrong with it.

18) Someone mentioned your jeep was noisy, you look at them and quite calmly say "The word 'noise' would suggest an unpleasant sound."

19) Your unibody creaking when you flex makes you smile.

20) You laugh at other people's XJs having the same little nuances yours does :D

Last edited:
... you got that jeep thing, now it burns when you pee
... you keep the ice scraper handy while driving cause the inside keeps re freazing.
... you spend hours reading 29 pages of why you are a xj owner

10) someone opens their door and scratches your jeep. You're mad at them, not because it doesn't faze you, but because it didn't faze them

it will if you have herculiner on your jeep, cause it will remove their paint

14) People ask you if you had an exciting day, you reply, "Yeah! I got my exhaust bracket fixed."

I know his one!

16) You want to ask the folks at the car wash place if it'd be possible for them to clean the inside without actually washing it first.

What?! The car wash places I tried to go to refused to even try to clean it! They tell me it just can't be done.

And, to add another "you know you drive a jeep when...," You spend $20 in quarters at the coin-op trying to get some of the mud out from underneath.

I know his one!

What?! The car wash places I tried to go to refused to even try to clean it! They tell me it just can't be done.

And, to add another "you know you drive a jeep when...," You spend $20 in quarters at the coin-op trying to get some of the mud out from underneath.
...and proceed to get stares as you drive out with a still "dirty" jeep. :D

Oh, one more.
You know you drive a jeep when you've wrenched on in a parking lot...and you're so okay with that.

...and proceed to get stares as you drive out with a still "dirty" jeep. :D

Oh, one more.
You know you drive a jeep when you've wrenched on in a parking lot...and you're so okay with that.

I was driving to Texas one time with my first XJ when the thermostat failed. I removed it in a wal-mart parking lot.

the guy at the local shucks has you go get your part because he knows you can find it faster because you've replaced that part so many damned times

the guy at the local shucks has you go get your part because he knows you can find it faster because you've replaced that part so many damned times
The folks at the junkyard ask you if you intend on building an XJ from all the parts you've gotten. You're on your third trip and going back for more....

... when your afraid to wash it because the mud is holding it together

when you laugh at S-10 blazers with mud tires and roof racks

when people on the interstate look over at you because you're tires are so damn LOUD!!!!

when you laugh at S-10 blazers with mud tires and roof racks

when people on the interstate look over at you because you're tires are so damn LOUD!!!!

And then you pull out said S-10 (pick up though) when it is stuck in a little puddle.

l_66e0f4febf2d45e9b7e4fa775671e6bc.jpg

....when you open your wallet and find no money but there is a detailed list of parts you want.

And then you pull out said S-10 (pick up though) when it is stuck in a little puddle.

l_66e0f4febf2d45e9b7e4fa775671e6bc.jpg

You can make S-10s look mighty badass.....................however he can't! those fenders make it look horrible(at least with the base model grille) and the tires don't stick out far enough.

....You go wheeling in april with one XJ and three Toyotas. and in December go back with 4 XJs and one Toyota!
....your girlfriends trail XJ that has been rolled drives better than my DD
.....can say i have never owned a white one. ( but know you have had the rest)
......Catch the intake wiring harness on fire. pull out your own extinguisher and put it out. and then DRIVE away.
......When the custom paint includes the clear coated burnt spot on the hood.
......You have your jack on the roof and axles under your seat.
......Your girlfriend can pull and set of axles out of a Dana 30 in 45minutes.
......The one with the most miles runs the best.
.......you have a drain on your air box.
.......you have never oiled your K&N.
.......Have six and only one has a tag.
.......you know why only the defroster works.
......You take the time to read 30 pages of this silly but 100% true stuff!:cheers:

i have a white 2 door .....

You can make S-10s look mighty badass.....................however he can't! those fenders make it look horrible(at least with the base model grille) and the tires don't stick out far enough.

the owner of this truck bashes on jeeps until he needs to be pulled out, or have someone fix his truck. in the past 3 months its needed:
1 radiator
1 thermostat
both engine mounts and 1 frame bracket
2 transmission mounts
3 u-joints
2 upper ball joints
entire steering system replaced
3 alignments
1 driveshaft
1 starter motor
1 broken leaf spring
the frame cracked at the upper control arm
theres definitely more, i just cant think of it.

my point is: we have 30 pages of issues with why we love our Jeeps. I wonder how many pages there are of why people hate s10's on their forums

Hey i don't hate S-10's they just can't hang with an XJ offroad! :D

I want a bagged one though!

Back