• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

... when you convince your roommate to buy an XJ instead of a TJ.

...when you can get a good parking space at the mall on Black Friday because you are the only vehicle that can park ON TOP of the huge snow pile left over from plowing the lot. Yeah that got some funny looks from people driving their fancy Lexus's and Mercedes.:looser:

...when you can get a good parking space at the mall on Black Friday because you are the only vehicle that can park ON TOP of the huge snow pile left over from plowing the lot. Yeah that got some funny looks from people driving their fancy Lexus's and Mercedes.:looser:

well, that's the best example of "mall crawling" I've heard yet. :jester:

Been there... Done that... Slipped off while i was in the mall and I got a ticket ... :sure:

when i lived in ohio i had a dakota 4x4, and thought it would be funny to park on the snow pile in the lot behind my apt building... in the morning i woke up to my dakota laying on my neighbors yota pickup :doh: the snow collapsed and my truck slid off the pile right into his. its a good thing they were both POSs :D

When you go to the junkyard for one bolt and come home with a cart full of parts because you found stuff in better shape than yours (for me this week it was an OEM jack, window weatherstripping, rear-view mirror and the switches that go on both sides of the steering column

When you go to the junkyard for bolts.

When you go to the junkyard for bolts.

Hey the dealer wanted 15 bucks for that damn nut that goes on the axle end of the trackbar!

Why were you even checking with a dealer for a nut? Junkyard, Lowes, Nut & Bolt store -- NOT the dealer.
they dont sell that nut at a hardware store or lowes or something like that. its a special nut with an arm on it to keep it from turning because its almost impossible to get a wrench in there. just FYI for the next time you want to talk out of your ass :cheers:

I actually put a nut on the end of that bolt... There's one position that an open ended wrench fits in there, but I was too lazy to hit up the JY or stealership.

Why were you even checking with a dealer for a nut? Junkyard, Lowes, Nut & Bolt store -- NOT the dealer.

If the nut and bolt were 5 bucks for the pair and it saved me the junkyard time and I knew it fit and I didn't have to mess around with it, its worth 5 bucks to me.

Every once in a while I get something cheaper than I thought I could at the dealer, and it saves me alot of hassle.

they dont sell that nut at a hardware store or lowes or something like that. its a special nut with an arm on it to keep it from turning because its almost impossible to get a wrench in there. just FYI for the next time you want to talk out of your ass :cheers:

why didnt you just find a nut that fit then just weld a bar on it or something so it doesnt turn :gee:

why didnt you just find a nut that fit then just weld a bar on it or something so it doesnt turn :gee:

I dont have a welder. Nor do most people.

You know you own an XJ when you go so far as to assume that every one has a welder...

BTW, I don't have a welder, I too went to the junk yard for that funky nut the first time i busted it. But after that I got Grade8 bolts and just put a wrench on it. It takes some doing but it can be done... I hate the play they have in them and the popping noise kills me...

my dad has 2 gas welders and a wire feed welder... and i could give you at least 10 more ppl i know that have at least 1 gas welder:roflmao:

Bakersfield.

Back