• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

When a passenger asks you "Whats that squeak?" and you reply with "which one?"

When people ask you if you have a matte paintjob on your XJ because it is so scratched up.

For High school students (like myself)
during your off periods you make a swift run for the nearest trail to see how muddy you can get before you have to return to school.

You still stomp in mud puddles.

You took off your all terrains because they didnt make the noise you liked.

You can drift at less than 10 MPH.

and my favorite (and tested)

You can hit another car and have virtually no damage on your XJ and you ripped apart there car.

(I took out the tail gate and bent the frame of an F150 at a little over 5 MPH. All I broke was my off road lights)

Ive had two XJs with this "mod". Rear wiper fluid tube is snapped off, tailgaters get sprayed :D

Only NAXJA

When I had my 95 XJ on CL, I listed that "Mod" as a "Tailgater deterrent system":D The guy that bought it, said that was what made him want to come look at mine first, to find out what that was. He was laughing when I showed him how it worked.

your biggest concern with theft is having to walk to the end of the street to retrieve it when it breaks down.

the first day you had your xj you took it to the nearest forest, and ended up towing it out by the swaybar

don't bother locking the rear hatch because no one else would be able to figure out how to open it anyways, or even if they did get in there's nothing to steal anyway

your xj's in sad shape bud... my hatch works just fine and i dont have to worry about theft, i gotta starter kill and alarm =)

idk if i would of gotten pulled out by the sway bar... maybe the front axle =/

your xj's in sad shape bud... my hatch works just fine and i dont have to worry about theft, i gotta starter kill and alarm =)

idk if i would of gotten pulled out by the sway bar... maybe the front axle =/

Just loop a strap around the grill! :spin1:

--you start to drive home in the 4+ inches of new snow, wonderi why the a**hole is coming down the the UP side of the divided road, then get a little further and see his pretty swirl marks in the snow and think 'wow it doesn't seem that slick'. Then look up to see the snowplow behind you do the ice patch watusi,, and keep going along at 30..

... When you steal parts off your daily driver to go wheelin.

... When you steal parts off your dads jeep to go wheelin.

... When you daily driver breaks and immediately start thinkin which XJ parts will fit on it.

...when you can outrun a subaru going uphill but have to stop at the top because your temp gauge is pegged out on red

Stayed ahead of a Subaru going up a windy dirt mountain pass, he came up fast and acted like he wanted to pass so being the kind of guy not wanting to hold someone up - I stomped on it, would loose him in the corners (all while staying to the right in case of approching traffic) and he would catch up quick on the straights, let him pass near the top with my temp gauge pegged out, as he passed I recieved a big grin and thumbs up from the suburu driver. It was a good run. Spotted him pulled aside the paved canyon road going down the other side, stopped and asked if he needed help with his flat tire but he was good.

2. when there is more ICE/FROST on the inside of the windows than the outside

...when every December the blower motor starts squeelin and every April you replace it again.
...when you've replaced the blower resistor once but have never bothered again because the fan only really moves enough air anymore on high anyway.

...he asks what that "clunking noise" is, and you reply with "Oh, it's just my trackbar AGAIN."

When your face turns white and you heart stops beating every time you hit a small bump on the freeway at over 55 mph.
That works in MJs too.:D
Yup, while on the way home with a "new" bone stock MJ no less.
....when you have never experienced death wobble before but the first time it happens you already know what it's called and already know there are many possibly causes, but you stop and check the wheels didn't start to fall off anyway.
....when the MJ you just had to buy because you also wanted one so bad, as a DD you promise yourself, becomes your next trail project.

...when neighbors feel like they can stop and ask you for advice about lifting a sons random full size truck you don't actually know much about.

...when you pull off the freeway to help a fellow stranded xj'r and happen to have the needed spare part (heater hose) under the back seat.

...when you try and be quiet putting the tools away and rolling the jack in to the garage out of courtesy for the sleeping neighbors because yes it is that late!

Last edited:
When death wobble leads to exhaust modifications

When you go to the junkyard for one bolt and come home with a cart full of parts because you found stuff in better shape than yours (for me this week it was an OEM jack, window weatherstripping, rear-view mirror and the switches that go on both sides of the steering column

...when you try and be quiet putting the tools away and rolling the jack in to the garage out of courtesy for the sleeping neighbors because yes it is that late!

I've carried my 90 pound floor jack across the driveway and into the garage many times. ;)

you know your an XJ owner when you read 19 pages worth of people stating the obvious and finding it absolutly hilarious.

When you stay up all night repairing your jeep then realize its 7am, use a push broom to get the tools out from under it, shower and drive to work.

did that twice.

Used to work 2nd shift and found myself running angle grnder at 4am before I realized what time it was.

Worked for 36 hrs strait before I realized I didn't eat yet, then got upset cause I had to stop to get ready for work.

Oil change turned into replacement of TRE's and ball joints.

you know you drivean xj when......

your best freind buy's one after you take him on a trail....then you and said freind take other freinds offroading and slowly more and more freinds end up buying xj's until you have about 6 freinds all owning xj's =]...also you and said freinds, know everything about every other lifted xj in town....every single one of them hahahahahahah

Back