• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

... When you have to choose between jeep parts and rent... and you choose jeep parts.
... When you have a radio in just so it doesnt look so bad even though it doesnt work.
... When said radio falls out and sits in your spare parts box for months.
... When you offer to let people drive your jeep on the road and they refuse.
... You see a stock cherokee and imagine the things you could do with it.

...You buy your first XJ three weeks before you deploy to the middle east for a year and spend the entire deployment not worrying about anything but how you are going to spend your deployment money on the Jeep. Thanks for the good reading!!!

Last edited:
AMEN
minus the salt & rust

You know you drive a XJ when you have to hammer your socket onto the bolt head because it's so rusted.

or how about when you use an impact gun on a bolt you thought the socket fit on, then come to find out it wasnt sae after all but the metric socket still managed to work to get it out ( happened on my first sway bar bolt... i took an impact gun to it and it ratcheted for a second then spun and stripped the head, then i grabbed a metric and it mated right up, went to budget bolt and bought 4 new bolts for the sway bar bushings.)

you know you drive an xj from the east when every bolt you take out, you have to replace with a new one.

my whole exterior of my jeep has been like this... sooner than later every bolt along with suspension component will be replaced with a new one...

... when you took all four doors off and put them back on just so you could get rid of the TORX!!!

you know you drive an xj from the east when every bolt you take out, you have to replace with a new one.

my whole exterior of my jeep has been like this... sooner than later every bolt along with suspension component will be replaced with a new one...

From the first time I did it, I have replaced the front bolt on the leaf springs, every time I take them out.

your biggest concern with theft is having to walk to the end of the street to retrieve it when it breaks down.

the first day you had your xj you took it to the nearest forest, and ended up towing it out by the swaybar

don't bother locking the rear hatch because no one else would be able to figure out how to open it anyways, or even if they did get in there's nothing to steal anyway

.. When you keep all your 15mm sockets in your "unibody" rails

.. When you build a roll cage, not for safety, but so you can cut off more sheet metal

..When other people just dont understand..

Back