• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another lift kit thread - OME vs Others

Thanks.

FWIW: I listed my specs in my signature but the rear bumper is a Detours Slimline bumper. I think it is one of the best bumpers for a late model XJ. It fills in and protects the lower fender area that the old plastic bumper used to. The bumper comes forward on those outer braces and helps with the added weight of the spare tire bouncing on the back tire carrier. Bumper fit very tight against the body, I had to draw the bumper in tight to the body for the last 1/4 inch with the mount bolts as I could not drive it on with a wood block and hammer.

http://www.detoursusa.com/xjbumper.php

Last edited:
I have OME CS033RA leafs that gave me a solid 4.5" lift and OME 934 coils with a 1 3/4" spacer. And Bilstein 5100s. Havent put a lot of miles on it yet though.
FYI, Those are 265/70-17s (31.5x10.5 basically)

How is the ride with the combo of the OME springs & Bilstein's? I'm getting ready to piece together a lift for my DD Cherokee, intend to go with the OME springs (2.5 in lift) but am debating between the OME shocks and the 5100's, which I have ran on my prior jeep and liked the stiffness and road-feel I get with them.

I did Dirk's super duper kit in 3.5". I love it. Its been on my Jeep since April 2012.

I also had a Jeep with a Rubicon Express 4.5" lift.

I would choose OME any day over the RE lift. The RE lift (short arm) rode like a tractor.

As for the control arms knocking, I talked to JKS about that issue. They insisted I hadn't used enough grease, so I greased them more. 20k later it hasn't returned and I re-grease every oil change.

I am now looking to replace my JKS track bar with a double shear, as I am now closer to 4" of lift and the JKS track bar knocks from exceeding its travel.

Since getting the DPG lift, I have switched from the crown brake lines (snapped one on the trail from being too long), got JKS boomerang shackles, and JKS ACOS in the front.

My wife has a new Jeep, and we will be doing another DPG lift.

So, I appreciate all the input and I went ahead and ordered the HD ultimate 3.5" kit. Dirk is a hoot to talk to and seems like a wealth of knowledge too. I'll let you know how it goes and some picks as well maybe.

Back