• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ or MJ

Im a manche man at heart. I say go comanche and dont look back. join up on comancheclub.com for all your MJ questions and ideas. There are a lot of buildups that you can get ideas from.

But like a lot of people have said already, it all depends on what you need. Do you need to haul larger cargo or a ATV? then go MJ.

My $.02

XJ's in my area are all over the place. It's so easy to find a cheap stock XJ any years. The only thing I want more than my 1989 Cherokee Pioneer is a 1989 Comanche Pioneer. I would just love to have one of those old Jeep trucks. I love my XJ tho.

I have an 88 mj and as far as trailing it will go more places then my old xj i belive mostly due to the rear being so light . We have a small mudding group and the xj just can't keep up even the guys running big chev's with 38's are amazed buy my little mj .My friend has a late 90's xj and it pisses him off every time we go on a run even on my old bald tires the couldn't follow me ..
And as far as the frames going bad on them..it's no more comon then the xj .I have only had to patch a small hole in the floor pan and the mj's longer wheel base means you can lift them with no SYE .... I did the rear SOA and got 5.5'' in the rear and only a 2'' boost in the front for now heres sum action http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/atcchad/?action=view&current=MJmudding.flv

'91-'92 Commanches are the best years, IIRC. OBD2 and all that, but they also had the smallest production numbers.

IIRC OBD2 didn't start in jeeps til 96... I maybe wrong tho. To keep this on topic my buddy has a 81 toyota PU (single cab short bed) and we do trade off on our wheeling adventures... I personally like the stabilty that a SUV provides... the truck is just to light on the rear. So one more for XJ

Back