• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ front "frame" build

33tmm47.jpg

OMG LOL WTF HTH.

33tmm47.jpg

OMG LOL WTF HTH.

I hope you've started a thread on this...i would like to follow it...

i want to plan my tubes accordingly... :roflmao:

mac 'just when i thought i was done fabbin the xj chassis' gyvr

I hope you've started a thread on this...i would like to follow it...

i want to plan my tubes accordingly... :roflmao:

mac 'just when i thought i was done fabbin the xj chassis' gyvr

I giggled when I read that!

I didn't even take that picture!

You may have noticed in Moab that Liz is a little shorter than I am...I'm going to have to come up with some sort of ladder!

Filthy 'cut at the bottom of the pool noodle on your passenger door bar' Phil

Why not have it pretty and capable? Just because it's a trail rig, doesn't mean it has to look like junk.

because i dont have the money to make it pretty...only to make it work...

would you rather wheel with a pretty rig that broke down all the time or the ugly one that does work...

mac 'function over looks' gyvr

Spend a couple of days at The Hammers.....
everything looks like junk after Wrecking Ball!

I didn't add any damage to my sheet metal either time I ran wrecking ball...

at least not that I noticed... :confused1

can back from winterfest with a few wounds

bend 4140 chromoly (sp?) control arm, bent and twisted rear driveshaft, and dented and leaking from diff cover.

0401091618.jpg

0401091618a.jpg

got rear driveshaft retubed for 70 bucks, heated up the chromo and beat it back semi straight, and purchased a new greatlakesoffroad front diff cover.

0403091625.jpg

DSCF0585.jpg

DSCF0587.jpg

0414091742.jpg

also picked up a newtome cutting brake...to be installed soon

mac 'a project is never done' gyvr

keep forgetting, i installed some BRIGHT lights recently!

lights.jpg

mac 'wished i had these for the late night drive out of pritchet canyon' gyvr

thats an awesome build...
was there a particular reason for going around the firewall to get to a pillar instead of through it?...does that bend not being gusseted leave it as a weak point?

thats an awesome build...
was there a particular reason for going around the firewall to get to a pillar instead of through it?...does that bend not being gusseted leave it as a weak point?

too much to get through to go through the firewall that why we went around...

if you talking about the bend to go into the cab to the a pillar, its held up so far. plus there is gussets and extra bars down below that helps support everything as well.

mac 'still waiting for the front end to fall off' gyvr

very cool...
im lookin to start an "exo" kinda build soon, lookin at ways to tie into my cage...
thanks

Front end fall off yet? I'm thinking off doing mine up like this. I just bent my front frame upward bad and damaged my radiator.

Front end fall off yet? I'm thinking off doing mine up like this. I just bent my front frame upward bad and damaged my radiator.

Its still hanging on! I even raced it in the TREC race last fall and winter at the badlands and didn't break the "frame".

Its still holding to together, just made winterfest at the Badlands with it in March, not sure when the next trip is for it.

mac 'still amazed!' gyvr

I'm damn impressed... dunno why people think it looks thrown together, maybe I just throw things together even worse :roflmao:

I personally would expect those lower tubes to break right off the ends of the plated frame rail horns but I guess I'm wrong since they haven't done so yet :dunno:

Back