• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ-8 Grill (Round headlight grill)

Xota photoshoped an idea that we were throwing around what do you think. I think it keeps the silver grill color I like but helps the grill blend together with the Jeep.

orangeedge.jpg

Looks awesome! was skeptical at first, but I love it painted, and even better with the orange. I love it--awesome work!

Take a look at the buckets the TJ lights sit in. I'm thinking that with a pair of those the lights would not stick out so far. It looks good though.

Before reading the thread, my first impressions are, "ewww".......
It looks so surprised, like, "WTF?"
We'll see if I like it by the end of the thread.

Cruzin Illusion said:
Xota photoshoped an idea that we were throwing around what do you think. I think it keeps the silver grill color I like but helps the grill blend together with the Jeep.

orangeedge.jpg

I still dont like it but this way looks much better...good job.

Other than the grill, that is one very nice looking XJ

Is that rain or snow?

not bad at all. i like it something comepletly different. looks like it was make for it.

I think Rich might be on to something with the TJ lighting setup. Particularly with the trim rings blacked out.

I'm diggin the CJ lights but the chrome trim ring is kinda "incongruous" from a styling point of view.

Something else that might work (if there is space) is M38A1 recessed headlights. CJ style but different mounting.

You've got me thinking about the old postal grille in the barn now...

Boulder_jeeps said:
Just found this, different as well.
custom-blackie-lrg.jpg

that i def think looks pretty good. i like the tube cuz it helps it intergrate the old xj grille with some round lamps. i thought about doing something like that with mine but i never got around to it.

andy

How about a stock XJ grill and light bezels, with high quality full size projector lights in place of the stock lights and then cover it all with some clear light covers.

That would probably look pretty good.

i like it, but it does look better with the ends red.

The grill is back off and going to paint. I think it will look alot better when the ends are orange to match the rest of the vehicle. I will post up pics when it is finished and back on.

Updated pictures of the front Grill with the ends painted Orange. I will install it tonight after work and post pictures up then. The grill is just set in place.

Dsc02062.jpg

Dsc02063.jpg

Last edited:
Back