• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ-8 Grill (Round headlight grill)

its not even painted give him a break. i think it looks good, i love the cj7 grills and the planning and fabbing that went into this far exceeds my limitations so whether it looks good or not to you guys, i say great job!!

Looks REALLY awesome, but I think that it would look more proportioned with the headlights set out just a couple more inches. I know that you're leaving space for the turn signals... so we'll see how it finishes up.

Nice Grill :thumbup:
Nice XJ :thumbup:

I like it, its something different but not getto fabbed. You can tell a lot of time and effort went into that. Seeing XJ's with round headlights reminds me of the Landcruiser FJ60, FJ62. Same body different headlights. I would like to see DC's version of factory round lights.

TORX

TORX said:
I would like to see DC's version of factory round lights.

You mean this?

dwxtmo.jpg

JP Magazine "Worst Jeep Concepts Ever"

Jeep Cherokee Casablanca
Here's looking at you, Jeep! Sometimes it's just the name of a concept that can make it super dorky, like Casablanca. This round-headlight 1997 Cherokee was European-spec'd and included a 2.5L turbodiesel. While plugging the familiar "go-anywhere capability" of all Jeep vehicles, the Casablanca was set to "extend the Jeep spirit into even more exotic, new territories. Jeep Cherokee Casablanca is designed to travel long distances under extreme conditions." And no long-travel, extreme Jeep should be without an exoskeletal roof rack - with built-in driving lights, apparently. There was also a canvas sunroof that slid back to open up the entire vehicle - perfect for the 12-foot bugs sure to be a part of the new lands the Casablanca would see. Bonus items included a tubular bumper and side steps, an integrated winch, a 2-inch suspension lift to make for 9.5 inches of ground clearance, and 31-inch rubber.

nice work...

I kinda like it...

it's different in a way that stickers, paint jobs and rim choices will never attain...

Looks sleek.

But don't add more light to the grill, it will cludder things up. You should rather wire up those orange lights to be turn signals.

Last edited:
I love it,nice to see some originality.

an XJ-8 is a jaguar.

I have built some pieces that match the contour of the corner lights and have installed them. At this time I do not have pictures of the additions. The grill is at the point of final clean up and then paint. I will post pictures up when it is done. I have also decided to install a headlight conversion so the headlights are shallower in the grill along with the increase in light. I will keep you posted.

It looks different, looks OK too, We have a couple of wranglers and the wranglers have plastic headlight buckets that can basically be screwed into any flat surface and used to mount 7" rounds. That grill also looks good, from the pics the welding of the two grills I assume were used to make a single one also looks good. There are a couple of others here who have done similar with rounds but not with the grill detail you did. There was also someone who grafted a complete YJ nose on to a XJ that looked interesting but not to my taste.

That looks cool. If there was an easy (read no-welding) kit, I'd sport one. I like the look of that factory attempt at round headlights, though I seem to be in the minority here!

The Jeep Cherokee Casablanca looks to me as if they just added a round hunk of steel to the grill. looks like some thing i could just add myself if i wanted to go that way? not to shot down the look but i wouldnt take the time on the lights, like i would the bumber. I like the bumber on it.
ps good work on the lights man its going to stand out real good on the trials now!

Nice work. I'm impartial. I like it because its unique...don't like it because I prefer the squareness of the original to match the rest of the body lines. If the XJ had more curviness in the body, that grill would match it well.

Back