• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ-8 Grill (Round headlight grill)

where did you paint your cherokee? I've always wanted my cherokee to be that color some day. Do you have a reference number for the color?

kenny

Dear god! Don't mention Jeep and h4 in the same sentence that way!:puke:

Joe said:
Would that make your XJ an H4 in the Jeep version?

NCCherokee said:
where did you paint your cherokee? I've always wanted my cherokee to be that color some day. Do you have a reference number for the color?

kenny

It was a custom hot rod color my wife picked out. It was called sunfire orange. You can probably get the paint from a Sherwin Williams Automotive paint shop.

Cruzin Illusion said:
Here are some pics of the Jeep in the daylight.
Here is the link if pics don't come up:
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=550761#post550761

100_2020.jpg

100_2019.jpg

It looks a lot like a Toyota FJ-55!

Sweet look!!

I didnt read through every page so I dont know if this was said but....the area from the headlight to the side marker needs something.... I think it would look better if it was 'blended' where it mets the corner marker.... it looks great but just sticks out too much.... maybe if you removed the side marker and made a panel to fill in the spot, and transition it into the grill. Then find a marker that 'fits' (styling wise) well with the grill and xj....or add a marker, like the original one from under the headlight, along side of the headlight running vertically? Possibly add some thin black stripes to outline the lights and grill....?

I think it is a cool idea regardless....and props for the work.

WOW its so different im still surprized and cant decided if i like it or not only thing i woulda done different is the paint but i guess your goin with the color of the bumper and yea you seem very creative try to blend the corner markers better keep up the amazing work

I love it!
Only thing I would do now would be to paint the trim around the side-marker lights the same silver as everything else, I think the chrome is making it look odd.

Looks awesome

where are the front turn signals and running lights? It is not road worthy without those two items and it looks just plain ugly!

shelbyluvv said:
where are the front turn signals and running lights? It is not road worthy without those two items and it looks just plain ugly!

It's probably not road legal without the fender flares either. But it looks like a very nice trail rig.

i have bolt on feader flares(sp) and mud flaps but it took 30mins befor and after a trail run
the truck was till a few mouths ago 100% street legal
it a trail queen now
as long as you know and fallow the laws your ok. and i did get pulled over all the time. i had all of oregons law printed off and in the glove box

this is the way i roll now

first off sorry if im bursting a bubble, but...ive seen it (a thread somewere not sure were but its here on naxja, comancheclub, or jeepsunlimited)some high school kid moded xj fiberglass and came up with something verry similar(autoshop prodject)

but i do agree it looks good... maybe fit it to a '97+ clip to blend the corners better

Last edited:
I dont' care what anyone says, that it one awesome looking jeep!!! It keeps the lines of the original but gives it an old school flavor with the round lights and the CJ grill. $.02 Great Job !!!!:clap:

akamcbird said:
first off sorry if im bursting a bubble, but...ive seen it (a thread somewere not sure were but its here on naxja, comancheclub, or jeepsunlimited)some high school kid moded xj fiberglass and came up with something verry similar(autoshop prodject)

but i do agree it looks good... maybe fit it to a '97+ clip to blend the corners better

i remember seeing that to. But i to really like the look of the round headlights. its original

Back