• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2013

The Jeep is hatchless right now, that's as close as its getting to cut up until Jim gives me his truck.....:D

I'm 60 miles away.. I guess I can make the long haul.

Just get the spare mounted, the hitch moved from the red one to the wheeler, first aid kit, get some recovery gear (d rings and recovery strap) and fire extinguisher and you are good to go.

I really wasn't planning on WF 2013, I've been planning on Moab instead. And with all of the other crap that's happened recently, there's just about zero chance I'll make it to WF.

I really wasn't planning on WF 2013, I've been planning on Moab instead. And with all of the other crap that's happened recently, there's just about zero chance I'll make it to WF.

This makes me super sad... Esp since I was going to take the 63 south to I-74 to avoid tolls. Thought it would be cool to convoy...

We need to meet up sometime... We're like less than an hour apart I think...

I think its required now, but i may be wrong cant remember.

Correct. and will be checked at tech.

All vehicles must have the following equipment to attend the off road portion of :NAXJA: MWC sponsored events:
• Legally required automobile insurance and registration;
• Visibly charged Fire extinguisher; The MWC strongly suggests that at least 5lbs of fire extinguisher capability be on each vehicle.
• First Aid Kit;
• Tow strap (no metal hooks allowed);
• Safety belts anchored to factory mounts or vehicle frame;
• Spare tire, jack, and lug wrench;
• Adequate tow points both front and rear, properly attached. NO welded hooks allowed.
• CB

If the vehicle has a winch, you must have leather (or equivalent) gloves and an item to control the cable in the event of a sudden loss of tension.

Ram" Look in the swap meet thread. I know i will have one up for sale soon" Rod

This makes me super sad... Esp since I was going to take the 63 south to I-74 to avoid tolls. Thought it would be cool to convoy...

We need to meet up sometime... We're like less than an hour apart I think...
Actually, during the day, well under an hour.

I'm not too worried about the tolls, I've got an iPass which takes the sting out of both paying the tolls, and stopping to pay the tolls. From here, the best route I've found is down I-94 to I-39 to I-74. Avoids most of the Chicago cesspool.

Actually, during the day, well under an hour.

I'm not too worried about the tolls, I've got an iPass which takes the sting out of both paying the tolls, and stopping to pay the tolls. From here, the best route I've found is down I-94 to I-39 to I-74. Avoids most of the Chicago cesspool.

Yes, I knew you worked up this way and live 1/2 way between here and Rochester.

Thats the route I've taken in the past, but the Jeep pulling the uhaul last year really hit the wallet so I can only imagine what the truck pulling a trailer would cost... This new way is longer, but I'm thinking a little more scenic and no Chicago traffic at all.

I think its required now, but i may be wrong cant remember.

All vehicles must have the following equipment to attend the off road portion of :NAXJA: MWC sponsored events:

If the vehicle has a winch, you must have leather (or equivalent) gloves and an item to control the cable in the event of a sudden loss of tension.

]

Can someone clarify the new winch requirements.... If we have synthetic rope, do we need to carry gloves and something to control the rope? seems like that is aimed at cable to me.

jim

Well....sort of.

Cable can do far more damage, BUT, you should have gloves and a line weight anyway. Line can snap back.

However, we do not normally look for those items at tech during WF, since its WINTER, and everyone has gloves, and a coat.

Rev

I'd like to make this again but with the Crawl and with us going to Moab next year, I don't know if I'll have the $$$.

We'll see though. Where there's a will there's a way...

Back