• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2013

can I still come?

Cheese "hope to stay longer than 24 hours this year" Man

Only if you put your plate on the back.

mac 'keeps the attica cops away' gyvr

leave your phone at home. :D

that is no crap, I will just leave it off until Sunday :D

Only if you put your plate on the back.

mac 'keeps the attica cops away' gyvr

That is no crap, I actually had taken the time once I got home and did a little research on it and I was in the right by keeping the plates where they were, changing the location of plates by crossing the state lines is actually illegal b/c it is improper display of tags, it is unfortunate that the local law enforcement in Attica do not understand what reciporcating laws are from state to state. It is not worth the headaches to be that far away from home and get harrassed. I even checked with our local DOR about a 2nd plate issuance, no go. I have the documents printed out for the licensencing state and vehicle requirements. I am also going to contact the IN SHP for some additional input. Kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" type situation.

I have an open seat if you want it...

Thanks Tex, I may take you up on that, especially if it gives me time to say "I told you so" on the fuel pump :D

that is no crap, I will just leave it off until Sunday :D

That is no crap, I actually had taken the time once I got home and did a little research on it and I was in the right by keeping the plates where they were, changing the location of plates by crossing the state lines is actually illegal b/c it is improper display of tags, it is unfortunate that the local law enforcement in Attica do not understand what reciporcating laws are from state to state. It is not worth the headaches to be that far away from home and get harrassed. I even checked with our local DOR about a 2nd plate issuance, no go. I have the documents printed out for the licensencing state and vehicle requirements. I am also going to contact the IN SHP for some additional input. Kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" type situation.

Thanks Tex, I may take you up on that, especially if it gives me time to say "I told you so" on the fuel pump :D

Actually, in Indiana we are not used to seeing truck plates on the front only. My guess is that the way that you are registered in your state its because they assume you are always going to be towing a trailer. Semis are like that and since your truck can be registered that way, that's why they want it on the front. So I can't blame them on the first time that they messed with you. Once you explained it to them they should've just left you alone, that's where I fault them is that for some reason they had a hard on about it. If I'm behind you (in a car, you in your truck sicko), I would pull you over because I can't see your plate and in Indiana you should have one on the back. We rarely see that in this state. It's also hard to know all of the states law on all the different gross ratings for trucks. I would just put it on the back if you are driving the truck without a trailer...or have flex drive in front of you leaving the banquet...

I also called the fuel pump.

mac 'designated decoy' gyvr

Actually, in Indiana we are not used to seeing truck plates on the front only. My guess is that the way that you are registered in your state its because they assume you are always going to be towing a trailer. Semis are like that and since your truck can be registered that way, that's why they want it on the front. So I can't blame them on the first time that they messed with you. Once you explained it to them they should've just left you alone, that's where I fault them is that for some reason they had a hard on about it. If I'm behind you (in a car, you in your truck sicko), I would pull you over because I can't see your plate and in Indiana you should have one on the back. We rarely see that in this state. It's also hard to know all of the states law on all the different gross ratings for trucks. I would just put it on the back if you are driving the truck without a trailer...or have flex drive in front of you leaving the banquet...

I also called the fuel pump.

mac 'designated decoy' gyvr

Or just ride to the banquet with me.

Kelly and I are in. If I break the heep I'm going to roll in luxury the rest of the weekend in the Xterra eating sandwiches and rocking out in the passager seat.

Also as of this time my roomate is planning on coming with his MJ and my dad wants to bring the new XJ.

Ill have a open shotgun seat if Walt doesn't come with me Tyler. If he does you can sit in the middle in the back, so you can look out the windshield like a big kid!

We'll see. Funds is tight.

I have the documents printed out for the licensencing state and vehicle requirements. I am also going to contact the IN SHP for some additional input.

best you can do.

87 'try a box truck plated as a motorhome' manche

Maybe just drive down and bum a ride with someone?
If I can't get the rig down there, this will be a backup plan. It will cost significantly less to toss the tent in the 97 and make the haul down for a ride-a-long. We'll see though. I'm still hoping. I plan on paying for registration regardless and see where it goes from there.

If I can't get the rig down there, this will be a backup plan. It will cost significantly less to toss the tent in the 97 and make the haul down for a ride-a-long. We'll see though. I'm still hoping. I plan on paying for registration regardless and see where it goes from there.

Same offer goes to you as it did cheeser.

Back