• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2013

Last year there was one other group.

The year before I think there was one other group.

mac 'we pretty much are the only ones dumb enough to be there that weekend 'gyvr

Myself and John P. Are heading out of chicago Thursday morning

Don't know how you can keep track of a piece of paper for an entire year, but yes, there have been no changes.

We will have waivers at registration too.

I'd like to pretend I'm just good like that, but I found it while moving a few months back. Good to know it'll come in handy.

Leaving from Rockford on Thursday, not sure what time yet though.

What are the plans for the firewood for the fires at night? I don't know if there is still a ban where you can't take firewood across county lines in indiana or not? Can load the front of the trailer up with firewood if i need to. Just let me know.

We will be picking up a load of slab wood from a local Amish fellow. We will be passing a hat to recoup the cost.

If you wish to bring wood, that would be fine too.

Last edited:
We will be picking up a load of slab wood from a local Amish fellow. We will be passing a hat to recoup the cost.

Nice work Dan.....Has anyone said anything about straw? I think it was OH11 we could buy straw from the camp ground but not last year. Ground may get a bit damp thin year if the temp climbs....

I'll have my van full of bags of sawdust, and boxes and bins full of nice dry kindling wood.

We will be picking up some straw too.

Nice job dan let me know if i can help witht he run when Tara and I get down there.... I will take a bale or two

Ram" Straw under the tent is nice" Rod

I will have firewood with me.

Sounds like we should have plenty to burn and stay warm at night then. Will load the front of the trailer up with some wood.

Hey I'll be coming down to winterfest with Jeepguy91. I was just wondering if anyone is going to have a way that I can heat up water to make Chai Saturday morning or know where I can get some coffee without having to leave the campground.

Back