• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2013

I'd also use a couple of fender washers to distribute the load. The Floor is not that thick.
agreed. A proper size fender washer on the underside and you will be way above stock spec, iirc they are held in with one rivet or pop rivet and no reinforcement underneath from the factory, just the frame rail spotweld flange.

Yup, this is my plan for these... I might actually move the front ones forward more, can use bigger tie straps and hold down my spare, etc

Well i will be heading down friday night with another member JeepGuy91 .. I have a 97 xj but it is not ready so i will be driving my 93 grand down and using that .. I want to know if that is going to be a problem if i do that ?? I hope this is not going to be any trouble please let me know thanks

Kirby

Well i will be heading down friday night with another member JeepGuy91 .. I have a 97 xj but it is not ready so i will be driving my 93 grand down and using that .. I want to know if that is going to be a problem if i do that ?? I hope this is not going to be any trouble please let me know thanks

Kirby

No worries, you won't be the only ZJ there! :cheers:

Kirby

it won't be a problem if the truck meets tech requirements.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1095493

We will be pulling in friday night. Do i have to wait to register saturday morning or can i do it when i get there friday night?

Look for anyone with a BOD sweatshirt on or ask someone to point one of us out we will get you set up.

Ram" All packed and ready to head down the road" Rod

those that have not registered can register at the registration table inside the registration trailer that will be located in the front parking lot of the campground.

Little over three hours of work left, then home to sleep and off to Attica in the morning. I hate only getting 6.5 hours of sleep, but I will catch some sleep when at the concert.

We are getting ready to head out. See you all down there in a couple of hours. What are the conditions so far down there?

6.5 hours is a luxury...if anyone sees collin, kaitlin and aj down there smack them to make sure they are awake then give them a high five for me. i decided late last night to not bring the xj because the exhaust is falling off (again) and the power steering has a small leak that i haven't diagnosed yet. so at 10pm i decided to take the wifes subaru instead. since those three were leaving at about 11 i caught up to them on the highway so we could keep an eye on each other since we were all pretty tired at that point. about an hour into the trip i heard a small bearing grind and my boost pressure disappeared. i knew instantly that my turbo was gone...collin turned around and came to my aid and he made the choice to tow me back to my house long before i threw any cash his way. good people are hard to find these days, and i cant tell those guys how awesome it was that they took the time out of their trip to help a guy out. im still going to try to make my way down tomorrow night if i can, but now im driving the xj and i have a grumpy wife at home with no car. the damage on the car is minimal...new turbo and she will be good to go. i think it will be going down the road fast since we had already planned to sell it before the move.

im really torn about the trip down, but do me a favor and tell those guys thanks for me...we all got to our destinations a little glossy eyed, but we all made it!

Seriously, once you fix that turbo, SELL THE THING IMMEDIATELY. From what I've heard from my friends in the subaru/rally community, subaru turbo boxers that have crapped a turbo are like 4.0s that have been hydrolocked, they are ticking time bombs.

(... I'll be outside, driving my ticking time bomb from exactly a year ago around!)

we blew the first turbo at 80k...that one did the spectacular fail and the motor is totally fine. this has the updated 2.5 block (2005 +) which is a MUCH better motor than the old legacys. the bearings just started to grind on this one...no collateral damage at all...the old 2.0's in the legacys didn't last long after the turbos went...this is a much different beast though.

regardless its going down the road to someone who wants to turn it into a racer...im done with gasoline cars with turbos for a while ;)

We are trying to make it there. In Lafayette now and the trailer we are hauling our stuff in is making some noises now. Hoping we can make it to Attica in a bit.

Back