• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's Going?

Count me in. Not sure how I will be getting there yet though...LOL

Now I have to decide to buy a tow rig or a house.

buy a bus, problem solved.

LOL

mac 'i suppose he could park it in the middle of the go cart track...like a real infield with rvs and trailers' gyvr

I will definetly be there. I hope to be there long enough this time to get to meet and socialize with everyone. Last year i was only there 1 day! Just not enough time for sure, especially reading about all the good times last year.
Phil

I'll be there. I'll be camping. As with the plans for the last several years I'm in the hunt for a Truck camper (depending on fundage)...otherwise its a tent...even with a MegaCab, there's just not enough room for two in the back...

I'll bring one of the two XJs...or maybe both...depending on how things go and whether Chaz has a tow rig by then...

not sure how the work schedule falls yet, but I'll be there at least Friday evening to Sunday, with possibly a Thursday evening arrival...

mac 'a decade of tradition' gyvr
Don't have the mobile driveway anymore?

Guess I made the right decision to camp this year. I just heard on Pirate that the Attica Inn just closed their doors. I just tried their number (got it in speed dial) and it just keeps on ringing. No answer machine. :dunno:

Say it isn't so! Damn, now to plan B......but I dont have a plan B at this time :D

maybe they will have new owners by WF and have reopened :dunno:

Yeah, it would be nice if they did. I stayed at the Hotel Attica on year and I wasn't impressed to say the least.

One thing good about this is that there probably will be an all time record for campers!

The Rough Country boys love Hotel Attica...but that is b/c they are drunks and like to stay close to the bar :D :cheers:

I might have to do some creative camping/sleeping arrangements....

Don't have the mobile driveway anymore?

oh i still have it...a 6.5 foot slide in popup truck camper in the bed of my truck would be a nice compliment to it too!

mac 'whats GVWR anyways' gyvr

If I can get off of work that weekend, I'll be there.
Will need a right seat though.
Hope you can make it. It'd be great to see you again.

The Rough Country boys love Hotel Attica...but that is b/c they are drunks and like to stay close to the bar :D :cheers:

I might have to do some creative camping/sleeping arrangements....

Under the bus looks pretty roomy for anyone interested.

approached teh wofe this evening about a new gooseneck trailer and a camper...suprisingly I was not shot down immediatly. She said to wait till after harvest before I go spending any big money like that, but she was in favor of even thinking about a pick up camper of the pop-up flavor and keeping our old car hauler trailer... I am wanting to go for the gusto and mimic the trailer on Extreme 4x4 that had the pop up camper mounted across the front, but that would limit the use of the trailer for "farm" use (unless I can fool my tax man :D) :dunno:

approached teh wofe this evening about a new gooseneck trailer and a camper...suprisingly I was not shot down immediatly. She said to wait till after harvest before I go spending any big money like that, but she was in favor of even thinking about a pick up camper of the pop-up flavor and keeping our old car hauler trailer... I am wanting to go for the gusto and mimic the trailer on Extreme 4x4 that had the pop up camper mounted across the front, but that would limit the use of the trailer for "farm" use (unless I can fool my tax man :D) :dunno:

You've got a front-end loader on one of those big tractors don't you? Make that pop-up removable. Rig up some sort of turnbuckles to attach it to the trailer.

oh buddy, dont think that he gears (as limited as they may be) are not turning in my head! I was thinking about that and using the double length forks on one of the loaders to lift it on and off, and then I thought about using a pulley system to lift it off and store it up off the ground by the rafters in one of the machine sheds out of the way and away from mice (even thought hey will eventually find their way in) I can score a pop-up trailer of an older flavor for well under $3000 and get a good 24-26" gooseneck trailer that is still usable for many other items around the farm and hope to be in it all for well under $10K...possible find a year end close out trailer for around 5-6K

oh buddy, dont think that he gears (as limited as they may be) are not turning in my head! I was thinking about that and using the double length forks on one of the loaders to lift it on and off, and then I thought about using a pulley system to lift it off and store it up off the ground by the rafters in one of the machine sheds out of the way and away from mice (even thought hey will eventually find their way in) I can score a pop-up trailer of an older flavor for well under $3000 and get a good 24-26" gooseneck trailer that is still usable for many other items around the farm and hope to be in it all for well under $10K...possible find a year end close out trailer for around 5-6K

Hillbilly Haulers...I dig em...unfortunately they have to be gigantic to have the camper and two rigs...at least I feel if I'm towing one, I should be towing two cause the fuel trade off is only 1 - 2 mpg...hence the bumper pull and desire for a truck camper...plus the bumper pull leaves me still in the dreaming range of some day having a bigger hillbilly toterhome (i.e. pirate uhaul conversions) or...

and cheeseman my buddy just sold his 26ft goose for 3k this spring...tho it had hit the fire hydrant :)

mac 'come a long ways from the ol bronco towing' gyvr

Back