• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who's going thread

So I just heard from J&M and the official word is the Jeep is cleared to go. This is great news I am so stoked.

The other news is that they are not going to repack or replace the bearing and it does need to be done on the passage side and I need new upper ball joints. J&M said that they always replace both the uppers and lower at the same time. $1200 guesstiment for both sides.

So this means that I will be up at Hermit Valley Thursday afternoon to set up camp and help get ready for the weekend. :spin1:

1200$ for ball joints? they are 45$ a side for both, so 90$, rent a free ball joint press, and by some grease. you are done . Please don't pay 1200$ for ball joints. Buy synergy at that point for 250$ and DIY. Shoot if I ever get free time ill head up and help.

Tom, it would be a lot cheaper for you to just buy new ones (ball joints) and drive all the way to my place so we could press the old out and the new ones back in. With 2 people working on it, it would probably only take about 2 hours start to finish. Too bad I don't live in Sacto or Auburn to make it easier for ya.

Ya I was going to say we could knock it out at my house in an afternoon. I have all the tools and I would just have you rent a ball joint press for free at AZ.

1200$ for ball joints? they are 45$ a side for both, so 90$, rent a free ball joint press, and by some grease. you are done . Please don't pay 1200$ for ball joints. Buy synergy at that point for 250$ and DIY. Shoot if I ever get free time ill head up and help.

Thank you Jon for the offer and if I ever get free time I will come Sacramento and take your class on how to change a ball joints. :repair: Maybe this winter. I love to learn how to do more things on the Jeep.:worship: I have a place to stay in the Old Land Park area and we come down when time allows. I love that area of Sac.

Synergy is $100 a side, Moog about the same, so for $200, a can of high temp bearing grease and renting the "tool" the job can be done. I already watched a YouTube on how to change a ball joint in a D30 and it looks straight forward ..........even though it never is.

Bottom line is, I'm ready to rumble, :NAXJA:, Sierra Fest :clap::party:

looking forward to seeing you & lisa skipper!

It will be great to see you too man! What rig you bringing Tim?

Lisa will not be there this year so I went to the bench and I'm bringing in a rookie, my 10 year old granddaughter Madison will be holding down the passenger seat position.

You going to run solo this year?

It will be great to see you too man! What rig you bringing Tim?

Lisa will not be there this year so I went to the bench and I'm bringing in a rookie, my 10 year old granddaughter Madison will be holding down the passenger seat position.

You going to run solo this year?

i'm bringing the red p.o.s.
Diane is staying home & hopefully packing up in preparation of our move. :spin1:

Great news Josh, see you Saturday man. Loaded up everything but the coolers and my pillows.

Picking up my Granddaughter in a few hours so we can leave first thing in the morning. So looking forward to this!

I'll be up there Friday but likely won't meet up with you guys until Saturday. Hoping to meet you guys on slick rock, but I may end up fishing or scouting for a new deer hunting spot. I'll be at the raffle/dinner regardless. See you guys there!

On the way meow. See you all in about 7 hours

Back