• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who plans to attend?

vetteboy said:
In theory, I'll be at both those Big Dogs events, as well as NAC fest. :D
we won't exactly be wheeling in the same group! :wierd: but maybe i'll look for ya and say hi.

Andy in Pa. said:
That sucks.... well, you know that there will be plenty of shotgun seats for you if you don't get your junk together in time.
Yup, I'll be taking that route if I can't get it going reliably in time. Or I could just wheel the Passat, it seems to flex pretty well...:gee:

nhrocker said:
Yup, I'll be taking that route if I can't get it going reliably in time. Or I could just wheel the Passat, it seems to flex pretty well...:gee:
i got a sawzall we can fit my 35's on the V-Dub, ot we could put em on F150

Mambeu said:
I'll be there. Just need to rebuild the 4.0 and build some skids plates.

Hey, where you been hiding? Be good to wheel with you again.

Still got the drain holes in the floor?

Rob Mayercik said:
Hey, where you been hiding? Be good to wheel with you again.
To make a long story short, I bought a DD when my Jeep blew up, and since I had that to drive, the Jeep didn't get fixed. It's been sitting at my parents' place for more than a year now. But I got back in touch with a high-school friend who's a serious welder, and a better mechanic than I am, and he and I are going to fix up the XJ.

Rob Mayercik said:
Still got the drain holes in the floor?
Yep, though hopefully I won't need them. I'm going to try to stay out of the mud this year.

Mambeu said:
To make a long story short, I bought a DD when my Jeep blew up, and since I had that to drive, the Jeep didn't get fixed. It's been sitting at my parents' place for more than a year now.
Pretty much what happened to me, too. With a car to drive I didn't feel the need to climb under my rig in the snow to work on it...

well get off the net and get it fixed :thumbup:

Mambeu said:
Just have to wait till my friend gets home from school. I worked 30 hours on his car in two days over spring break, so he owes me.

I hope you can ge it running in time, there are some BIG holes at RC too!!:jester:

A.

Mambeu said:
I'm going to try to stay out of the mud this year.

Yeah, yeah, that's what they all say. :roll:

When's your buddy get back? Bet there's plenty of prep you can do in the mean time to make the heavy work smoother.

Hope to see you there.

Rob

Rob Mayercik said:
When's your buddy get back? Bet there's plenty of prep you can do in the mean time to make the heavy work smoother.
He'll be back in early May. I'm almost ready to take the engine out, I just don't have a hoist. I'm going to go home tomorrow and pull the t-case and get some of the other odds and ends out of the way. Who knows, maybe I'll get impatient, rent a hoist and pull the thing next week.

I really, really want to get my XJ driving again. I swapped in new axles late last summer (non-disco 30 and an XJ D44, both with 3.55s, to replace my disco 30 and c-clip 35, both with 3.07s), and the motor went before I could go wheeling with them.

Mambeu said:
I'm going to go home tomorrow and pull the t-case and get some of the other odds and ends out of the way.
Went home today and found that since I'd last been home, my brother's bought a 17 gallon compressor, air impact wrench and air ratchet, and my dad's enrolled in a welding class (and will buy a mig welder when he completes it). Sweet. I wasn't able to take the t-case out though; damn unprotected and mutilated crossmember doesn't want to come off.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday with the gf. Need to pick up a set of 31s, discos, rear lockright and tune my leaf springs.

Back