• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHO IS IT'S CHEESEY?

itscheesey

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
WHO IS IT'S CHEESEY?

I'm Ryan Sheesley and this is a little bit about me and how I found my way into XJs.

First things first I've had the nickname Cheese on account of my last name since elementary school and life just ain't easy being Cheesey. I'm 30 years old and have 3 kids and a beautiful wife. So I grew up here in Southern California spending just about every weekend out in the desert on my dirt bike or in a sand rail or out backpacking the local mountains as a Scout. So I've always been home in nature. It was around the time I had my oldest child that I decided to I couldn't live fast and die young anymore. So I sold my prerunner and put the fun stuff on the back burner.

My first experience with Jeeps and crawling was back in ‘05 (I think) when I was helping a neighbor completely restore a ‘71 CJ5. When it was finished I got to experience my first taste of trail running in Big Bear. Since then I got married and we moved to Lost Wages and got into the foolsized truck club with a ‘91 K5. This was also the first time I really started using technical forums. Started going crawling all around the Vegas Valley and fell in love with it.

A few years later and we moved back to CA. The wife found a ‘01 XJ some kid in Laguna had that he crashed into a meter box and was looking to sell. So we picked her up and have never looked back. I have since repaired everything he broke and then some. I joined NAXJA that year (‘15) and I went to my first SOCAL FEST. The club really made an impression on me in a good way that trip. So we started doing AAT which is where most of you have met me.

I have made some great friends with this club and gained tons of knowledge from this forum and our adventures. I look forward to being able to give back to the club as SOCAL Chapter VP.

A few of the things I would like to do as VP is to start a monthly meet and greet, boost our AAT participation, and organize additional trail runs throughout the year. I also feel that we need to step up our social media presence to help spread the word and drive traffic back to the forum. Because if it isn't on the Gram then it doesn't exist in this day and age.

If you anything you'd like to ask fire away

Back