• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which leaf pack

waserwolf

NAXJA Forum User
went to the autowreckers today at lunch and found 1 pair of 2000 s10 blazer leaf packs as well as 1 pair of 2003 ZR2 leaf packs, I have read a fair bit on s10 leaf packs but these r from a blazer and a ZR2, will they work? I am wondering if it is a good idea to buy the entire leaf pack but only use 1 leaf from the pack, I don't have the funds to buy new shocks front coils and an SYE right now, judging by what I have read I will need an SYE for my 00 XJ, they said they would probably sell the leafs for 100$ cad./ pair, good deal? Thanks for the time and input.

You'll want a set off a 2WD Blazer, Jimmy or Pickup. If I remember correctly the ZR2 is a 4WD package.

I picked up a set for about $40 US out of Pick-N-Pull on half price day. $100 isn't outrageous, especially if they are the ones pulling them

whether or not it will work depends on your objective

s-10 main leaf only added to xj leaf yields an inch or two, depending on how sagged you were to start

adding addiutional leafs raises both by stiffening the spring pack as well as by their height

if its the same width and more arched you have a winner

is the zr2 spring under or over?

100$ Seems steep to me considering i buy whole jeeps for $100!

maybe try a more getto wrecker...a set of '86 s-10 springs for $20 would be fine too.

make sure you get new u bolts...get the at least 1" too long so you can mess around with different leafs...adding extra little ones on the bottom is a easy way to gain some height without getting too stiff

extra what? we just moved back to Vernon from Calgary, I have a buddy who is in Calgary now and will be returning to Vernon Wed. night. By the way guys the leafs are already pulled at the wreckers

he's just saying that the zr2 package on a blazer is the off road package...better shocks higher ride height etc. the zr2 blazer came with 31's stock. They may give you a bit more lift

Back