• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which gearing for 33s with best MPG

I have a 2000 XJ with 33" Toyo AT tires and a 6" lift with 410 gears. I am looking for new tires and am considering 32" tires. I live near Lake Tahoe and go up the hills all the time. I always find myself keeping the tanny in 3rd gear to keep the torque up so I am thinking of switching to 32" tires. I might just buy a set of 33 mudders for the trail and put them on some steel wheels. I went with 410 gears for strength reasons and also plan on swapping out the 242 for a 231 and Tera Low for Fordyce and Rubicon.

i run 4.88's and 33/12.5s and love it. the 4.88s leave room for 35's. also, you can truss the 30 if youre worried about flexing the housing.... i think ill be doing some 35's soon but i love the power with the 33's...i can cruise anywhere between 65-80mph no prob with the 33's...

Back