• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where does everyone stay?

Lets say I was going to tow a small pop up camper out (behind my car trailer with the wheeling rig on it), can someone refresh my memory about sites at Slickrock? I was there once back in '99 I believe and was none too impressed with the little tent sites with the little shade cover right next to each other. I can't remember what the other sites were like but I know my pop up wouldn't fit under the little tent awning. :) If I'm going to pay $20 plus per night, I certainly would like a scenic spot with plenty of room. Any suggestions? I'm actually considering one of the public campgrounds in the area, but I don't think anything is very close to the headquarters at Slickrock. I'm open to suggestions. Also, what can one expect for weather at this time of the year? I don't handle HEAT all that well. :) Jeff

I've always stayed at Canyonlands RV Park. I love all the shade and the central location to everything. Also, we've never had to lock anything up and worry about security.
But last fall they really butchered their trees, so I'm not sure about the shade now.
I was impressed by that first campground after you cross the river entering into Moab from the North. I wrote down the name but lost it. My senility won't let me recall. Does anybody know the name of that one? It has GREAT shade and the campground is relatively new.

RedHeep said:
Just made our reservations at the Sleep Inn.

I would camp, but my wife won't. At least the map says we're only a 1/4 mile from the campground.

You gotta introduce that lady to a nice RV with hot & cold running water! She'll be hooked from then on...

The RV park you are referring to is the Riverside Oasis Campground. It is very clean. It also has cabins that looked pretty nice and an apartment that you can rent. I stayed there about a year ago and it was so much nicer then Slickrock.

Here is their website:
http://riversideoasis.com/

My son is wanting to camp with the group. Does anybody know about the SHOWERS at Slick Rock? Are they nice, and clean? Is the campground still sticky red mud when it rains? We haven't stayed there since 1996.

justme said:
My son is wanting to camp with the group. Does anybody know about the SHOWERS at Slick Rock? Are they nice, and clean? Is the campground still sticky red mud when it rains? We haven't stayed there since 1996.
Oh nevermind! I'd rather drive to the happenings than have crappy showers. And, I'm sure there will be members of the rally in every campground in town. I'm still goin' for the Oasis. Thanks

(the site wouldn't let me delete the previous post).

The Holiday Inn Express is right next door to the campground. $102 a night and up. We stayed last year and it was great. free breakfast. If you travel for work you can accumulate points thru them and stay free. If you work the points right it takes about 5 or 6 nights for enough points for a free night. It's nice to have a cleaned up room after the days activitys. Get points eaisy right here:http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/home

I confirmed my tent site at the Riverside Oasis for Oct 3rd-12th. I tried 3 times to contact Slickrock, but they never returned my calls or emails. Riverside looks like its pretty nice, and not to far to stumble back to after the festivities have ended for the night.

Back