• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whens the next sacto meet and greet?

Well, since you guys can't decide on a meet and greet, I'll just introduce myself here. I'm Steve residing near Chico, CA and have an 86 XJ and a few other toys. I'm probably an old fart for some of you, but that just means I'm more experienced. Still young enough to wheel hard, but with some good sense. Been wheeling since I was 15, back when the Fordyce Creek trail was known as the Paris and Grant Wagon Road. XJ is in pieces right now, but going back together.

welcome Steve, glad to have you here. were always looking to expand our count for the sierra chapter. any pics of the rig?

welcome Steve, glad to have you here. were always looking to expand our count for the sierra chapter. any pics of the rig?

Most of the pics I have are of the buildup type. I would have to dig for others. Right now I have had it gutted so I can correct some bugs from my conversion to a 4.3 chevy.

engine.jpg

Well here it is under the hood. I bought an Atlas 4 sp and will be putting new axles and lockers in.

what axles are you planning on running with that setup?

what axles are you planning on running with that setup?

Well I knew someone would ask that. I am going with Toyota 8.25 fron and rear with cryo treated gears and full floater axles and ARB in the rear, same in the front with Longfields and ARB. I have jigs for setting up those stamped steel housings. The cryo treatment gives me D60 axle strength without the weight and that huge pumpkin hanging down. I wheel in the PNW also and that is a real issue there.

nice

are we having a wheeling meet hear in sac or talking about this guys rig ?How have you gotten past smog with the swap I only know 2 was to do what you have done only one is legal :D

june 20th might work if i can shorten my lower arms by then

theya re 18.5" and my trackbar now hits drivers side uca mount when flexing out

im not goin to be able to make it until after the 4th of July Rubicon trip, gotta get stuff together and keep the XJ together for the trip. maybe some of you guys want to meet up there???

might be down, but im worried it will be a parking lot that weekend. i try to stay home on big weekends and go out before and after them...

are we having a wheeling meet hear in sac or talking about this guys rig ?How have you gotten past smog with the swap I only know 2 was to do what you have done only one is legal :D

It is legal. Basically you have to use the same tranny that came with the original vehicle, an exhaust system that is close as possible to the original and a stock air box which I have removed. When I went to the referee I had the hood off and a stock air box flapping in the breeze. It has been legal for a year now.

If you guys have a non wheeling meet and greet, I am up for it. I won't have mine all put together for awhile yet. Dates are flexible for me.

come on Jon you know you want to go, who cares if its busy. thats the fun of it, seeing other rigs, and watch them break!! come on guys lets get a little group up there, it will be nuts up there!

i want to go .... itd be fun. i just found out that my tps was causing one hell of power loss since i replaced it my jeep finally reminds me of my stock xj 9 years ago, chirping the tires everywhere and tons of balls on the freeway, city and good shift points, even though the sensor read good to me i decided it might have had dead spots and other wear, and i was right.... so ready to go wheeling....i am off that weekend.
i just need some spare 44 rear shafts and to shorten my lcas before i run the con...

i want to go .... itd be fun. i just found out that my tps was causing one hell of power loss since i replaced it my jeep finally reminds me of my stock xj 9 years ago, chirping the tires everywhere and tons of balls on the freeway, city and good shift points, even though the sensor read good to me i decided it might have had dead spots and other wear, and i was right.... so ready to go wheeling....i am off that weekend.
i just need some spare 44 rear shafts and to shorten my lcas before i run the con...

Jon, I have a set of spare stock 44 shafts sitting in my shed you can use.

youre a good man.
the funny thing i sold my old spares cuz i told myself i wasnt gonna do gears and lockers for two years, then a few months after i sold the shafts i bought a new 44 with gears and lockers...
anyway ill pm ya

Back