• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats your winter project?

JohnJohn said:
Quite possibly this:

Commando1.jpg
Commando2.jpg
Commando3.jpg
COOL! I want I want. Man I love those things.

Did you finally get it, JohnJohn? Looks nicer than the description made it sound...

Nothing for the XJ but:

on the Magna

--Paint all the shiney parts matte black
--Redo the seat foam, adding tempurfoam
--Recover the seat
--Make forward controls
--Ride daily as well

Sarge

Yucca-Man said:
Did you finally get it, JohnJohn? Looks nicer than the description made it sound...

Not yet, I have to work the details out with Dave, but I am about 90% sure. I have to look at it in person this week. My wife has been sick with a 103* temp and is not over it yet, so with the kids, I can't get out of the house to see it.

JohnJohn

Last edited:
DDCxj said:
keeping it gassed up, I hate poor college student slave labor.

Dean
yep

JohnJohn said:
Not yet, I have to work the details out with Dave, but I am about 90% sure. I have to look at it in person this week. My wife has been sick with a 103* temp and is not over it yet, so with the kids, I can't get out of the house to see it.

JohnJohn
I can here him now.............."of course you said I could buy it honey.......you prolly don't remember cause of the fever"

JohnJohn said:
Quite possibly this:

Commando1.jpg
Commando2.jpg
Commando3.jpg

hey whered you find the jeepster? I love the looks of em...they are so unjeeplike, yet just really cool jeeplike (i know that made no sense whatsoever)

my winter project is:

(1) get the jeep to tx
(2) go home, ship the lift kit to tx
(3) new radiator
(4) install lift kit
(5) acquire money for new wheels/tires

Rear Shocks, bushing replaced in leaf springs, NSS cleaning, Roll Cage?, t-case skid, front bumper, 297x axle shafts for D30. Juice

DrMoab said:
No this is a un-jeep looking jeep. I wish I could get my dads running.
00GK7395923408G.jpeg

u got me on that one.......i'm guessing you are referring to the jeepster when u say u wish you could get your dads running

ladywolf said:
u got me on that one.......i'm guessing you are referring to the jeepster when u say u wish you could get your dads running
Nope. His FC-170. Looks just like that picture only longer. He has that and a 55 willys pickup.

How about these...

Finish first edition of "Jeep I6 Power Manual"
Begin first edition of "Jeep Cherokee/Comanche Technical Manual"
Compleat outline of "Ultimate VM-68 Owner's Manual"
Filter thru head for other book ideas

The VM manual is a low-priority item at the moment, I'd like to get the Jeep books done. With a little luck, I should have the Power Manual done (first edition) by the first of the year and the Technical Manual (first edition) by 3Q2005. Maybe I can get enough of them out there to finally afford a lathe/mill to start the manufacturing ideas I've got kicking around...

Now, if all those take off, I can afford the mods I'd like to do to MY XJ!

5-90

My project is a CJ-3B restoration. I need to refinish the hardtop, change the shackles, check all the vital fluids, get the seats reupholstered, build a cage. Luckily the drivetrain and engine are damn good for a 54.

I just gotta get the t-case on my XJ fixed first and then funds are going to the 3B. I need a cruiser for next summer.

Fergie

Kejtar said:
1. cage
2. do something about my fugly rear bumper
3. linkage
4. front engine seal and water pump and all the trimmings that go with that
5. rear quarter panels be gone....
6. rear wheelwells need some fixin after previous owner trimmed them (errr semi butchered)
7. rear buckets
8. front limiting strap (inverted V to combat unloading while still allowing droop)
9. finish off my front bumper (put a top on it)
10. put in onboard air and tank
11. I know I'm frogetting something :)

Target date? Is this winter going to be long enough? It seems that there are always projects to be worked on on the jeep so I don't think I can limit myself to winter only.
Don't go talking about "Winter Projects" we have no winter here. That's just your "Shit to get done" list, we all have them.

My winter project - Wheel whenever I can, wherever I can, be that the web, moutain, or desert!

My winter project just got towed out of my driveway to become someone elses winter project. Im waiting for a new summer project.

Not a whole lot, just a couple of locker swaps. Detroit rear, OX front, both will be here early next week. I have a HP D44 housing already cut down complete w/Waggy shafts and flat-tops that just needs to be finished. I MAY get to it this winter... :D

BillR said:
Not a whole lot, just a couple of locker swaps. Detroit rear, OX front, both will be here early next week. I have a HP D44 housing already cut down complete w/Waggy shafts and flat-tops that just needs to be finished. I MAY get to it this winter... :D
You better!

Now you're going to have to wheel it hard!

Fergie

w_howey said:
5. Convince wife OBA is better than AC
6. Build/Install OBA system
i found this funny and felt like making everyone read it again... ahhhh women...
the reason i dont have a "dorky looking tube" = snorkel

Back