• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats left to do?

woody said:
I am still down in the grease pit too ;) working slow & easy without a spotter nearby.

Dammit if this AC doesn't suck a boy in. Each smoke/water break is lasting a little bit longer. It's up into the 90s by now, so in no hurry to get back after it.

Lotsa Fun
Right there with you my Friend. Friend is helping with the mod and fab of the new TB bracket and TB. I'm torquing and checking all the new bolts and old ones. Got to weld on shock mounts and see how the flex is and weather or not I'll rip a brakeline or not!

rredalty said:
Still have to run the OBA setup, pull apart the rear leaf pack and get it working better, weld the front diff and install the posi-lock and try to find a tie rod that is straighter than the one that is currently on there.

OBA...Check, Pull rear leaf....Check, Weld diff and install posi locker.... too hot outside, Find good tie rod.... not done, just re-aligned.

Front 44 is buttoned up. Not everything like I want it but good enough for now. Not bad for a 3 day wrench fest! I have a new issue, tcase is jumping arround and wabbleing. May be tcase mount or engine mounts, not sure. I drove her for 15-20 mins in the sand pit next to the shop. The 5.38's are really nice! I just need some bigger meats now!

rredalty said:
OBA...Check, Pull rear leaf....Check, Weld diff and install posi locker.... too hot outside, Find good tie rod.... not done, just re-aligned.

haha my tierod got bent very slightly up today don't know how i managed that :dunno:

shortxjdoug said:
haha my tierod got bent very slightly up today don't know how i managed that :dunno:
Do I need to bring one? If I can find one? Let me know b4 tomorrow.

Ghost said:

if you want to that would be cool, i'll take it off your hands, the one i got is just bent a tiny tiny little bit, its still workin for me. funny tho, it goes to show that the tierod won't support the weight of the jeep after a foot and a half drop :D

Ghost said:
Please do!!!! I'm in need of one pretty bad.

rredalty said:
Please do!!!! I'm in need of one pretty bad.

yea thats right you need it more than i do, at least mine is pretending to be straight, i'm gonna check the alignment tomorrow

I know it says an adequate spare is required, but I have none. Will that prevent me from being able to ride with the group? If it makes any difference, I have plugs for both inside and out to fix a hole and I'm also running OBA.

rredalty said:
I know it says an adequate spare is required, but I have none. Will that prevent me from being able to ride with the group? If it makes any difference, I have plugs for both inside and out to fix a hole and I'm also running OBA.

maybe we can carve one out of wood :dunno: i think that fits the budget right now

Back