• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

picked up a Olympic top hat roof rack with a nice lock box on it all for $150!!! and installed my C-ROK brace and fix my frame rail PIA!! welded plate to it and remounted my bumper and installed my headliner it was i along DAY ! pics tomorrow!

Sounds like it. My front bumper has the steering box bolts through it, and the frame tie-ins, but I still worry about my steering box tearing the frame up.

I am trying to fix a leak on the bottom of my gas tank. Over night it decided it wanted to start leaking and I can't get it to stop. I have tried 5 times now to plug it with some gas tank crap but its not working this time. I am sick of this tank.... less than 3 years old and this is the third leak now. No reason... just started leaking.

EDIT: All the gas is drained out fo it... just letting it try to dry before I try one last time. Either way, I am buying a new tank today I just need to get mine patched long enought to hold out till the new one gets here.

Last edited:

Well I saved 16 out of 18 gallons...

In gas cans. I saved 16 out of about 18 gallons of gas that was leaking out of the hole in the bottom of my gas tank....

BTW I am now waiting to see if the patch I just did on it will hold. The new tank will get here on Thursday. I just hope it holds.

Dayum, you actually have enough cans around there to hold 16 gallons of gas? LOL!

You could have bought my tank from me for $1,478.00 :D

Hurricane Ike.... We all have gas cans now.

And sorry, when it come to things like gas tanks... I don't buy used parts.

hit up a pick and pull for newer parts..... build your own stuff..... wheel it as-is

a buddy of mine thinks the bumper can be pulled and straightened out and the plastic bezel that surrounds the headlight should not be that much. I will post pics later and let yall see for yourselves

i dont know how far from me you are but i have a tank layin around you can have.

started install of rock lights. mounted relays and distribution block, started runnin wires. damn jeeps and gettin wires through the fire wall

I assume you got regeared and you're not on stock gears anymore:greensmok

hahaha um not quite that was supposed to happen and fell through. ill get them soon in the mean time i drive it as little as possible. it sucks so bad right now :anon:

i dont know how far from me you are but i have a tank layin around you can have.

I am just north of Houston but like I stated to MM, I don't like used gas tanks. I don't know what's been in there, not that you had anything odd in your tank, but I fell better buying new.

Plus side: I can get a good count of my MPG, as long as I account for the speedo being off.

Well in my fashionably late pattern.... I drove my DD up and down the road yesterday. Found out that I need a brake booster. It was hissing at me but the brakes work so the master should be OK.

I think tomorrow I may install my Thor Upper Quarter Guards, JCR Lower Guards, Solid Front Diff Cover, and a few other goodies I have laying around.

Drove it to work and back... Patch is holding. I put about 2 more gallons in it to get me to work and back tomorrow, I hope. If not, I am bringing another 3 gallons with me.

Pick up the gas tank tomorrow, intall on Friday. I am thinking about getting some thin rubber and glueing it onto the bottom to keep any mud off or any rubbing on the metal itself. But I am not sure if I can get the rubber before Friday. Might hold off on it but I would like to do that before I put my skid back on.

installed a front drive shaft in the rear with all new u-joints since my rear drive shaft u-joints went bad.... Gotta replace the water pump tomorrow.

Back