• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Not today, but yesterday, and not mine, but DG's.....

I got it to start. There is a fault in the ignition circuit somewhere (my guess is still that damn Alpine alarm!). I can short across the solenoid and start it, but it won't start with the key.

haha yep you do, its pouring here today and they seemed to work good in the rain, which i was worried about. how are those swampers?

Well actually they are great! I loved them the first time out at Superlift. However, I drove it on the highway for the first time last night, and it sounded like I was riding in a small single engine airplane they are so loud! LOL. Oh well it's pretty much a trailer queen now anyways.

I successfully stuck my stock xj in the mud within 5 minutes...and spent the next hour pressure washing it...oh and now it gets the shakes at 50mph...so thats one more item on the list...

Pull your tires/rims off and clean the rims real well. I had to do this a few times myself... That's only one of the reasons I hate mud.

Sounds like you got some mud stuck inside one of your rims causing your tires to be out of balance.

Well actually they are great! I loved them the first time out at Superlift. However, I drove it on the highway for the first time last night, and it sounded like I was riding in a small single engine airplane they are so loud! LOL. Oh well it's pretty much a trailer queen now anyways.

oh man i was on the road yesterday with them and i was talking on the phone with the windows up and i could still barely here. i am sort of deaf as well lol. but i guess thats what happens when you go from ats to mts.

yeah, I'll have to rewash this weekend...I'm hunting down a new set of wheels anyway, maybe I'll score a set by then...

Well thanks to to my wonderful sister, I cannot get my XJ fixed because she let the car insurance lapse and get cancelled.

Jeep-1.jpg

I put a couple of new stickers on the tailgate

I was in a rear ender last week and it creased up my front bumper and knocked out the plastic bezel from arounf my passenger side headlight and since she did not pay the insurance we have, i cannot get it fixed.

well my check engine light is on in my XJ so it must want attention.

and my yota failed emissions testing :( i guess thats a reason to have my intake and exhaust redid :D

Fixed my hi-lift. Now it will lift up my XJ, before it wouldn't lift up the wife's van due to a bend in the "lift" bar.

Last edited:

I was in a rear ender last week and it creased up my front bumper and knocked out the plastic bezel from arounf my passenger side headlight and since she did not pay the insurance we have, i cannot get it fixed.

Now I need a plan B!!!!! Anyone have suggestions?

Back