• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Dan, I was thinking about those weheels it was a good price. Just did not want to mess with the adapters. Let us know how they work out for ya!!! those are nice wheels!!!

Tinkered with my purple jeep, starter is spinning but not meshing with the flywheel. Its a new starter, and it sounds weak. So it may be time for new cables.

Check the flywheel teeth in the 4 sweet spots for burrs. If yo find any knock them off with a wire wheel tool. Does not take much of a burr to keep the gears from meshing.

Could be a bad starter too.

You need the battery to hold 10 Volts minimum while cranking at the battery posts too..... but that is get the cranking RPM

Finishing the V-6 Head job and other stuff on the 96 Ford Taurus. 89 XJ is a DD lately, and the 85 Diesel. Small leak in the stteering gear box on the 87 Waggy, do small odds and ends on all the rigs,

After a week in Omaha where is never got above 40, i'm happy to be home so I stripped the interior to clean up some wiring and now looking to pull the windshield for some nasty rust repair....

Finally got around to greasing all my zerk fittings, couldn't get the angle on the front ds so I'll have to get that one later and my rear ds joint at the diff didn't have a grease nipple...weird

So I pulled the starter off and discovered I can turn flywheel by hand so either I have a broken crank or the flywheel bolt snapped off. So much for a turn key wheeler, I guess I am going to feed the purple xj to my comanche.

i can barely spin it, dont think the flywheel itself is broken. but the bolts probably sheared.

Low compression?

4 bolts sounds like a cheap fix.

The sky is the limit, the jeep was owned by someone that didn't know a thing about cars and thinks rednecks with paychecks is the coolest thing since his sister was born....

Well crap, autumn left for work and left a window down in her jeep. So in my haste I slapped the battery in there backwards. Yay me! Now I'm probably going to have to replace the relays and what not....

Back