• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Over the weekend i put in four of these tie downs, one in each corner of the cargo area... Stainless button heads, and 1 1/4" washers on the bottom with silicone to keep the liquid stuff out.

2013-11-17150518-1.jpg

My Son is using the 89 Renix as a DD last 3 weeks, while I rebuild the 3.0 V-6 on the 96 Ford Taurus. Head gasket blew. Last problem with the 89 jeep turned out to be the ICM/Spark coil assy. First one I ever had go bad. The sealant on the bottom of the ICM was cooked. Lucky I landed 3 spares here on NAXJA a month earlier cause new ones are real pricey!!!

87 Wagoneer is indeed leaking at the front seal (firewall side where the steering shaft connects) of the gear box. Junk-Azone rebuilt with less 3000 miles on it :(

Seems I had a power steering leak, coolant leak and gear box leak at the same damn time. :wierd: Sheash. Kept thinking it was just one leak, not 3. Replaced the water pump and power steering already 2-3 months ago, not long after the gear box. I may just need to buy some jeep DIAPERS!!! Are you listing to me you POS in my driveway? LOL

Still working on the oil seal leak and spark plug brand and hotter plug trials on the 87 wagoneer, but can't keep the other chit fixed long enough to finish. And now it is wobbling-shaking for a new front tire and spin balance at 55-65 MPH.

Saturn is back to DD service, but the EGR code keeps coming back, (did get it inspected before it came back :D,) but it came back even after blowing the carbon out the head, and pipes and valves per the standard fixes.

Had to replace 2 tires and wheel rims on the Saturn a week ago after it tried to pretend it was a jeep while tangling with a curb at 2 am (Daughter....:twak:)

Kids, :twak:

85 Diesel XJ has been working well, DD lately.

Other than that things have been quiet, LMOA, not.

Last edited:
Picked up a full set of jk rims and tires. Now i need to find some wheel adapters so i can use them lol. Anyone know where i can get some cheap?

Back