• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Replaced all 4 speakers with 6.5" Kenwoods.

Punched myself in the face stripping the wire in the speaker bar. That was dumb.

Need to take the driver's door panel off again and adjust the locking mechanism. Was able to open the door partially when its locked, then have to slam it shut before it actually "locks." Ran out of daylight though.

Installed new cb and put the cb antenna in the stock radio antenna location.

Replaced all 4 speakers with 6.5" Kenwoods.

Punched myself in the face stripping the wire in the speaker bar. That was dumb.

Need to take the driver's door panel off again and adjust the locking mechanism. Was able to open the door partially when its locked, then have to slam it shut before it actually "locks." Ran out of daylight though.

Isn't the bar that the lock grabs adjustable to help with that?

I had to lube my key lock last week. Need to open the panel and finish the lube job on mine still.

Oh, and don't let bimmer see that face slap post, LMAO!!!! Dangerous work jeeps are, LMAO!!!

Last edited:
Isn't the bar that the lock grabs adjustable to help with that?

I had to lube my key lock last week. Need to open the panel and finish the lube job on mine still.

Oh, and don't let bimmer see that face slap post, LMAO!!!! Dangerous work jeeps are, LMAO!!!

I thought about posting that in his thread. I still might.

Yeah its the bar lock. Took the panel back off, adjusted the lock button, no problem... I just had it lined up halfway between lock/unlock when I put the panel back on the first time.

Picked up a drain pain so I could open up the $25 D30. Apparently the whole axle has been painted blue at some point... just covered in grime.

The Axle:

122CCF69-36B9-4CEF-B07A-5F3FA06BD36D-20973-000012A5EC69D58D.jpg

Redneck Tie Rod strengthening:

31148C50-F016-41BA-AF3B-A5F3D5D3BDEB-20973-000012A5F57622CF.jpg

And the gears. Ended up being 3.55, but they're in good shape. No slop, no missing teeth, nothing.

EA385DD6-DD1B-4649-83CC-B6530538C503-20973-000012A5FB1565DD.jpg

Gonna start cleaning it up on Thursday when I'm off and have some daylight.

Re-wired the wire loom going into the hatch. Every wire was corroded cracked and broken. Now I just need a new rear wiper switch.

Took pictures of the mj with dirt on it, then stared at it for a while wishing registration want so expensive so i can drive it

I gave mine the weekend off, LOL.

Drove instead of working on it ;)

drove mine to work

new speakers sound so much better

Mine are all getting a bath today, RAIN!

Get a Murray brand (O'Reily's)!!! Made in Israel, not CHINA!!!

T-stats, Murray brand. Been too many complaints the other brands are failing.

Back