• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

what size are they?

245/75/16

Decided to go a bit less aggressive because I pretty much daily drive it. And the price on these was too good to pass up.

I've thought of a few of then like my turn signals and my interior lights, but i haven't considered my headlights, I'd like to see what the taillights might look like for the mj

Sold my old wheels/tires for $50 more than I paid for them

Had to re-tighten the starter bolts on my 85 diesel again,. That was why it hung up starting 2 days ago. Then the throttle cable tried to seize up last night, the new one I installed earlier this year. Lubed the hell out of it (but I thought it was Teflon lined inside(?), so I am expecting to need to fix, replace that again soon.

The new T-stat is working great. I have heat, and more power out of the diesel now!!!:sunshine:

started making a "when no one buys my jeep" fix it list. so far consists of:

new 190* stat
4x4 swap
install fiberglass fenders
gears
weld up gears in front axle
build bumpers
finish half doors
redo the vacuum system or find a way to delete it
finish the exhaust

Got my BPE's in, now to install jk shocks.

I'm confused by the rear ones but I haven't looked under the jeep yet

Might just put those shocks back up for sale and buy some aftermarket ones.

Rear bushing for the top mount is tiny and wont work with the BPE's.

Test drove my parked since Tuesday, 87 Wagoneer XJ to see if I could figure out what the sorta like rubbing noise was that I only get on a straight away drive, in second gear at about 15-25 mphs at 50% of WOT, SOMETIMES, LOL. I suspect it is a nasty Jeep gremlin in mostly stealth mode giving me a hint to worry my ass off, while it waits for the worst possible time to nail me.

Gonna order one of these right now!!!

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/shift-control-bearing-kit-includes-boot-seals-5014148aa.html

Last edited:
Nothing, but I ordered some things from Sierra expeditions to put on it. One of my lightforces cracked so I ordered a replacement housing.

Might just put those shocks back up for sale and buy some aftermarket ones.

Rear bushing for the top mount is tiny and wont work with the BPE's.

JK shocks? All I had to do was push the metal part in the middle of the bushings out and use BPEs in the front.

JK shocks? All I had to do was push the metal part in the middle of the bushings out and use BPEs in the front.

Yeah, my biggest problem is tools. Condo with no garage. These shocks aren't worth what ill spend on a work bench and vise to do the pressing

Yeah, my biggest problem is tools. Condo with no garage. These shocks aren't worth what ill spend on a work bench and vise to do the pressing

I was living in an apartment when I did mine. I went down to Beartrax and used their vise for about 5 minutes. Maybe post up on LSJC to see if you could use somebody's vise? Id offer mine, if I had one.

Back