• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

We got the 1984 Cherokee 4 banger to fire up every time, with carb fluid primes last night!!!!!:D Ran for 3-4 seconds several times!!!

Gonna replace the fuel pump (it maybe leaking into the crank case oil :-( )
and fuel filter and add some fresh gas next, and try to get it stay running.

Got my heater core flushed and fixed on the 85 diesel. Need to replace the stuck open T-stat next.

Pulled, inspected the 2 front spark plugs on the 87, 4.0, one plug did not ohm out as expected (new plug) so I replaced it. Ordered the Felpro valve stem seals and VC gasket from RockAuto, plan to replace the valve seals on #1 and #2 cyl next weekend.

Did body work on the front of the 89, nearly done with it!!

Installed new sliders, smittybilt body cladding and new extended bumps stoops on the front. Was a busy day but it all went pretty well.

Body cladding?

Body cladding?

Not yet, LOL, but the way my daughter likes to park the front of her jeep in the trunk of other vehicles,:shiver: and play bumper cars on the road, that is not far behind, LOL.

We picked up a new to us, custom hand made front bumper last weekend when we stripped the 87 in Conroe. It has 3/8" thick plate steel vertical attachments, and 4" diameter pipe, 3/8" think, on the front of it, LOL!

I nick named it Brutus. She calls her Cherokee Iron Hide, because it has survived so much carnage already.

Go to Smittybilts site and look at body armor. They call it body cladding on the site

76854.jpg

Bought a new Israeli made Murray brand T-Stat for the diesel, in case winter ever arrives.

Valve seals and valve cover gasket in route from the Rock (Auto) for the 87.

Valve spring tool on the way from Summit!!! Will be my first valve seal swap with the head still installed.

Fuel pump, ign switch, serp belt, air filter on the way too for the '84, 4 banger. Will replace the key lock ign mechanism too, all this weekend.

Eco is getting ambitious with his To-Do-List!!!! LOL

buttoned the last bit of the headliner back up this morning, then installed the CSF 3 core radiator.

filled it up, started the jeep, I'm getting some wisps of smoke coming out of the valve cover gasket. Never did that before. Kinda worried about what may be up with my gaskets...

I plan on taking my shocks off this weekend to measure for new shocks. Just need to figure out where to flex it out.

My brother in law flexes his yota out in the industrial part of plano near atfab

Hadnt thought of that. Down the street from my house.

Today, I'm going to see if I can fab up a seat mount for my new Mastercraft seats and hopefully drive the jeep to TX4WD meeting in Katy.

The Jeep lives again!

Put some more coolant in, burped the system properly, no more smoking out the valve cover gaskets.

Heater is still meh though, but right now I'm just happy I'm not investigating a head gasket or cracked head.

Back